For the first time, Indian Institute of Technology -Bombay (IIT-B) will organise an eight-day World fest in December under the umbrella of its popular cultural festival Mood Indigo (Mood-I) 2012, which will feature young and talented students from Italy, Japan, Puerto Rico, Serbia and Sri Lanka.

The decision to organise a World fest under Mood-I was taken with a view to get foreign students and encourage interactions on a global platform.

Palash Kulkarni, media manager for Mood Indigo, said, “This year, Mood-I World fest 2012 will be celebration of music, colour and life. The festival will bring together the creme de la creme from the five countries to constitute a culturally diverse and super-interactive festival. We will have Taiko drummers from Japan, folk dancers from Sri Lanka, classical ballet performers from Serbia, trumpeters and drummers from Italy performing during the festival.”

“The youngsters from other countries will get a chance to showcase their talents, art, culture and even their cuisines at Mood-I.

At the same time this will be a golden opportunity for Indian students to interact with their international counterparts,” Kulkarni said.

Besides the World fest, IIT-B is also organising India’s first ever international carnival on December 22 in which all the guest countries will participate along with street buskers from US, Australia, Ireland and other countries. The carnival will run through the entire length of the picturesque IIT Bombay campus.

The guest groups will also have pavilions in the campus to exhibit their culture and art. “Mood-I has always believed in re-inventing itself. The idea of students from different countries coming together, interacting and competing on the same level is unique. This will take Mood-I’s mission of empowering youth to another level,” said Abhisha Srivastava, member of the core committee at Mood Indigo.

Source: Indian express