1. There are 5 red shoes, 4 green shoes. If one draw randomly a shoe what is the probability of getting a red shoe
(Ans 5c1/ 9c1)
2. What is the selling price of a car? If the cost of the car is Rs.60 and a profit of 10% over selling price is earned
(Ans: Rs 66/-)
3. 1/3 of girls , 1/2 of boys go to canteen .What factor and total number of classmates go to canteen.
4. The price of a product is reduced by 30% . By what percentage should it be increased to make it 100%
5. There is a square of side 6cm . A circle is inscribed inside the square. Find the ratio of the area of circle to square.
(Ans. 11/14 )
6. There are two candles of equal lengths and of different thickness. The thicker one lasts of six hours. The thinner 2 hours less than the thicker one. Ramesh lights the two candles at the same time. When he went to bed he saw the thicker one is twice the length of the thinner one. How long ago did Ramesh light the two candles .
Ans: 3 hours.
7. If M/N = 6/5,then 3M+2N = ?
8. If p/q = 5/4 , then 2p+q= ?
9. A monkey starts climbing up a tree 20ft. tall. Each hour, it hops 3ft. and slips back 2ft. How much time would it take the monkey to reach the top? Ans.18 hours.
10. What is the missing number in this series? 8 2 14 6 11 ? 14 6 18 12 Ans. 9
11. A certain type of mixture is prepared by mixing brand A at Rs.9 a kg. with brand B at Rs.4 a kg. If the mixture is worth Rs.7 a kg., how many kgs. of brand A are needed to make 40kgs. of the mixture? Ans. Brand A needed is 24kgs.
12. A wizard named Nepo says "I am only three times my son's age. My father is 40 years more than twice my age. Together the three of us are a mere 1240 years old." How old is Nepo? Ans. 360 years old.
13. One dog tells the other that there are two dogs in front of me. The other one also shouts that he too had two behind him. How many are they? Ans. Three
In question 14-18, each sentence has four underlined words or phrases. The four underlined parts of the sentence are marked (A), (B), (C), and (D). Identify the one underlined word or phrase that must be changed in order for the sentence to be correct.
14. The main office of the factory can be found in Maple Street in New York City .
a. the main
b. be found
15. Because there are less members present tonight than there were last night, we must wait until the next meeting to vote.
d. to vote
16. David is particularly fond of cooking, and he often cooks really delicious meals.
b. fond of
c. often cooks
17. The progress made in space travel for the early 1960s is remarkable.
c. in space
18. Sandra has not rarely missed a play or concert since she was seventeen years old.
a. not rarely
b. a play
d. was seventeen years old
In question 19-21, the given pair of words contains a specific relationship to each other. Select the best pair of choices which expresses the same relationship as the given.
19. PROCRASTINATOR : DELAY ::
a. flatterer : undermine
b. genius : creativity
c. tyrant : influence
d. general : salute
20. APIARY : BEE ::
a. mountain : skier
b. airport : flight
c. schedule : event
d. stable : horse
21. OVATION : APPLAUSE ::
a. grief : loss
b. rout : defeat
c. triumph : failure
d. pathway : ruin
22. Her first step in ______ the problem was to ______ the opinions of those who would actually be involved in the day to day running of the scheme.
A. creating, define B. generating, imitate C. solving, seek D. enhancing, discredit E. identifying, divulge
23. The job losses came despite _____ pressure to reverse the demand for______ cuts.
A. growing, tax B. decreasing, job C. increasing, sales D. weakening, spending E. mounting, expenditure
24. ______ are reminded that all the expense _____ should be authorized by their _______ and sent to account with relevant VAT receipt.
A. staff, forms, clients B. staff, allowances, supervisors C. staffs, claims, supervisors D. managers, claims, subordinates E. managers, bills, subordinates
25. If maintenance contract costs $87 per month and a technician call not under a maintenance contract $325, how many call outs per year would make the contract worthwhile?