Ans. Redefinition of a base class method in a derived class
2. What is the essential feature of inheritance
Ans. All properties of existing class are derived.
3. What does the protocol FTP do
Ans. Transfer a file b/w stations with user authentification
4. In the transport layer ,TCP is what type of protocol
Ans. Connection oriented.
5. Why is a gateway used
Ans. To connect incompatible networks.
6. How is linked list implemented
Ans. By referential structures.
7. What method is used in Win95 in multitasking?
Ans. Non preemptive check.
8.What is meant by functional dependency?
9. What is a semaphore?
Ans. A method synchronization of multiple processes
10.What is the precedence order from high to low ,of the symbols ( ) ++ /
Ans.( ) , ++, /
11. In a class composed of x girls and y boys what part of the class is composed of girls
A.y/(x + y)
C.x/(x + y)
12. What is the maximum number of half-pint bottles of cream that can be filled with a 4-gallon can of cream(2 pt.=1 qt. and 4 qt.=1 gal)
13. If the operation,^ is defined by the equation x ^ y = 2x + y,what is the value of a in 2 ^ a = a ^ 3
14.A coffee shop blends 2 kinds of coffee, putting in 2 parts of a 33p. a gm. grade to 1 part of a 24p. a gm.If the mixture is changed to 1 part of the 33p. a gm. to 2 parts of the less expensive grade, how much will the shop save in blending 100 gms.
15.There are 200 questions on a 3 hr examination. Among these questions are 50 mathematics problems. It is suggested that twice as much time be spent on each Maths problem as for each other question. How many minutes should be spent on mathematics problems
16.In a group of 15,7 have studied Latin, 8 have studied Greek, and 3 have not studied either.How many of these studied both Latin and Greek
17. If 13 = 13w/(1-w) ,then (2w)2 =
18.If a and b are positive integers and (a-b)/3.5 = 4/7, then
(A) b < a
(B) b > a
(C) b = a
(D) b >= a
19.In june a baseball team that played 60 games had won 30% of its game played. After a phenomenal winning streak this team raised its average to 50% .How many games must the team have won in a row to attain this average?
20.M men agree to purchase a gift for Rs. D. If three men drop out how much more will each have to contribute towards the purchase of the gift/