3. Dense index (index record appears for every search -key in file)
4. What is the efficiency of merge sort
Ans. O(n log n)
5.A program on swapping ( 10,5 )was given
6. In which layer are routers used
Ans. In network layer
7. In which layer are packets formed ( in network layer )
8.Which of the following sorting algorithm has average sorting behavior -- Bubble sort, merge sort, heap sort, exchange sort
Ans. Heap sort
9.In binary search tree which traversal is used for getting ascending order values--Inorder ,post order,preorder
10. What are device drivers used for
Ans. To provide software for enabling the hardware
11. A company contracts to paint 3 houses. Mr.Brown can paint a house in 6 days while Mr.Black would take 8 days and Mr.Blue 12 days. After 8 days Mr.Brown goes on vacation and Mr. Black begins to work for a period of 6 days. How many days will it take Mr.Blue to complete the contract?
12. 2 hours after a freight train leaves Delhi a passenger train leaves the same station travelling in the same direction at an average speed of 16 km/hr. After travelling 4 hrs the passenger train overtakes the freight train. The average speed of the freight train was?
13.If 9x-3y=12 and 3x-5y=7 then 6x-2y = ?
14. x% of y is y% of ?
(D) can't be determined
15. The price of sugar increases by 20%, by what % should a housewife reduce the consumption of sugar so that expenditure on sugar can be same as before ?
16. A man spends half of his salary on household expenses, 1/4th for rent, 1/5th for travel expenses, the man deposits the rest in a bank. If his monthly deposits in the bank amount 50, what is his monthly salary ?
(D) Rs. 900
17. A man leaves office daily at 7pm.a driver with car comes from his home to pick him from office and bring back home. One day he gets free at 5.30 and instead of waiting for driver he starts walking towards home. In the way he meets the car and returns home on car. He reaches home 20 minutes earlier than usual. In how much time does the man reach home usually?
(A) 1 hr 20 min (B) 1 hr (C) 1 hr 10 min (D) 55 min
18. If m:n = 2:3,the value of 3m+5n/6m-n is
(A) 7/3 (B) 3/7 (C) 5/3 (D) 3/5
19. A dog taken four leaps for every five leaps of hare but three leaps of the dog is equal to four leaps of the hare. Compare speed?
(A) 12:16 (B) 19:20 (C) 16:15 (D) 10:12
20. A watch ticks 90 times in 95 seconds. And another watch ticks 315 times in 323 secs. If they start together, how many times will they tick together in first hour?
(A) 100 times (B) 101 times (C) 99 times (D) 102 times