1. Teacher asked the students to find the cube root of a natural number but she did not mention the base. Students assumed the base found the cube root. Each student got an integer. Find the sum of digits of that number.

A. 0 B. 1 C. 6 D. 7 E. 8

2. What is the difference of last two digits of N where N=7^2010

a. 1 b.3 c.5 d.7 e.9

3. Find the first non Zero digit in 67!(Factorial)

a. 3 b.4 c.5 d.6 e.7

4. Suppose here are n processes in the system and each one needs k instances of a resources to complete. What would be the minimum number of resources that you should keep in the system to ensure no deadlock in the system.

a. n*k b. n*k-n+1 c. n*k+1 d. n*k*k e. None of the above

5. If we have a ring counter of 4 bits, with an initial state of 1000, what is the modulus of the counter?

a. 16 b.8 c.32 d.4 e. Node of the above

6. Which of the following masks can be used to zero out alternate bits of a 16 bit number?

a. 0101 b. AAAA c. FFFF d. EEEE e. BBBB

7. We define a function below. What is the value returned by this function: express your answer as a function of n?
unsigned int func(unsigned int n)
unsigned int r=0;
unsigned int i,j,k;
for(i=1;i<=n;i++) for(j=1;j<=i;j++) for(k=j;k<=i+j;k++) r++ return r; }

a. func(n)=summation of i*(i+1) with i varing from 1to n
b. func(n)=n*n+1 + n*n-1
c. func(n)=func(n-1)+n*n+n with func(n)=0
d. func(n)=func(n-1)+n*n+2 with func(n)=0
e. both a and c.

Question 8:

Which of the following statements about the datagram sent by a node in a network using IPv4 protocol is (are) true?

i. Datagrams at the source must be the size of the smallest maximum transmission unit (MTU) of alla the links on a path to the destination
ii. Datagrams may be fragmented during routing
iii. Datagrams are re-assembled at the destinations
A. I only B. II only C. III only D. I and III E. II and III

Question 9:

In a pipeline RISC computer all arithmetic instructions have the same CPI(Cycles per instructions), which of the following actions would improve the execution time of a tpical; program?

i. Instructions the clock cycle rate
ii. Disallowing any forwarding in the pipeline
iii. Doubling the sizes of the instruction acache and the data cache without changing the clock cycle time

A. I only B.II only C.III only D. I and II E. I and III

Question 10:

Let n(1), n(2), n(3)…. n(t) be positive integers. What is the minimum number N of objects to ensure that if N objects are placed into t boxes, for some I in [1,t], box I contains at least n(i) objects?

i. n(1)+ n(2)+ n(3)+….+ n(t)
ii. n(1)+ n(2)+ n(3)+….+ n(t)+t-1
iii. n(1)+ n(2)+ n(3)+….+ n(t)-t
iv. n(1)+ n(2)+ n(3)+….+ n(t)-t-1
v. n(1)+ n(2)+ n(3)+….+ n(t)-t+1

Question 11.

#define scanf “%s is a string”
What is the output?
A. Ccompiler error B. scanf is a string
C. %s is a string is a string D. %s is a string

Question 12.

#define boo(x) x/4 Main(){
Int I;
A. Compiler time error
B. 16
C. 64
D. 20
E. Divide by Zero Error

Question 13.

What the following C function will do?
Unsigned int bitwise(Unsigned int x)
Unsigned int r=x &-x;
Unsigned int l
x+=r if(0==l) return 0; l=x &-x; l-=r;
Return x|(l>>1);
A. Return the greatest integer smaller then x
B. Returns x/2
C. Returns the smallest integer greater than x with the some number of bits set
D. Returns the smallest integer greater than x with less number of bits set
E. None of the above

Question 14.

Int i
Void intcrement(int i)
Int main()
For(i=0;i<10; increment(i)) { } Printf(“i=%d”,i); Return 0; } Predict the output of the above C ode A. I=10 B. I=9 C. I=11 D. Compiler Error E. None of the above

Question 15.

Consider the following C program
Int i=0;

What is the maximum value of the I that will be printed?
A. 0
B. 7
C. 5
D. 2
E. 10

Question 16.

If g (0)=g (1)=1 And g (n)= g (n-1) + g (n -2)
find g (6);
Q like this one. just know the method
G(0) = 1
G(1) = 1
G(2) = G(1) + g(0) = 2
G(3) = g(2) + g(1) = 3
G(4) = g(3) + g(2) = 5
G(5) = g(4) + g(3) = 8
G(6) = g(5) +g (4) = 13

Question 17. A plane moves from 9?N40?E to 9?N40?W. If the plane starts at 10 am and takes 8 hours to reach the destination, find the local arrival time?
Ans: The time is calculated on the basis of longitude.
(Based on sunrise)
Sun rises earlier in calcutta than in Mumbai. The 40 degrees east and 40 degress west are calculated form 0 degrees.
The plane has travelled westwards by 40+ 40 = 80 Degrees. (WEST) For each degree there is a difference of 4 Minutes. The difference in timings is 320 Minutes behind. As per the starting point time 10.00 AM the flight should have reached at 6.00 PM.
Reducing 320 Minutes from it we get 12.40 PM local time at the destination

Question 18. Given $ means Tripling and % means change of sign then,find the value of $%$6-%$%6
ans. ((3)*(-1)*(3)*6 ) - ((-1)*(3)*(-1)*6)

Question 19. The size of a program is N. And the memory occupied by the program is given by M = 4000 sqr_root(N). If the size of the program is increased by 1% then how much % inc in memory?
ans. (4000(sqr_root(1.01N)-sqr_root(N)))/(4000sqr_root(N))
5.what is the largest prime number in 8 digit number?
ans . 251

Question 20. the word ****12******** was given.they asked us to do change 1st 2nd,3rd 4th,so on.then they asked what will be 10th letter from right? Q like this one. just know the method
ans. 2

Question 21. they asked the temperature problem.it was same as previous papers.the ratio was -t*t/6+4t+12. it is like if t is the diff in temp. then find % change in temp from 5 to 9 pm.

Question 22. the ques on a man,a woman and a boy finish work together in 6 days.man takes 10 days, woman takes 24 days then how much boy will take? ans. 40 days
9.the matrix of a(7,9) was given.the address of the first byte of a(1,1)=3000.it takes 4 bytes to store the number.then calculate the address of the last byte of a(5,8).
Ans .3000+(4*4*9)+(4*8) row major form

Question 23.modulo(373,7)+round(5.8)+truncat(7.2)-round(3.4) = ?

ans . 12 = 2+6+7-3

Question 24.
the bucket size is 10KB.it takes 0.0001 KB/milisec to fill bucket.the bucket takes 100 or 1000 milisec to reach to destination.it takes 100 milisec to pass acknowledgement from dest to source.so calculate how much time will it take to pass N KB ,write formula. Q like this one. just know the method

Question 25. 1234 in wich system for number xxx number?

Question 26. they asked us to match the pairs.they were like
basmati-wheat not type of
scooter-vehicle type of
4 choices

Question 27
. Complete the series 3,5,9,__,35,65
ANS. 17

Question 28.
If CYRNFR is coded as PLEASE then TNVA can be
coded as ---------