1. A man starts from B to K, another starts from K to B, at the same time. After passing each other they complete their journeys in 3.33 and 4.80 hours respectively. Find the speed of the second man if the speed of the first is 12 km/ hr
a) 12 kms/hr b) 10 kms/hr c) 14 kms/hr d) Data inadequate
2. A train traveling at 40 kms / hr while inside the tunnel meets another train of half its length traveling at 60 kms / hr and passes it completely in 4.5 seconds. Find the length of the tunnel if the first train passes completely through it in 4 minutes 37.5 seconds.
a) 2000 meters b) 3000 meters c) 4000 meters d) 5000 meters
3. Lucia is a wonderful grandmother. Her age is between 50 and 70.Each of her sons have as many sons as they have brothers. Their combined number gives Lucia?s age. What is the age?
4. There are two towers A and B. Their heights are 200ft and 150ft respectively and the foot of the towers are 250ft apart. Two birds on top of each tower fly down with the same speed and meet at the same instant on the ground to pick a grain. What is the distance between the foot of tower A and the grain?
5. Let x<0, 0<y<1, Z>1 which of the following is false:
A) (x2-z2)has to be positive.
B) yz can be less than one.
C) xy can never be zero
D) (y2-z2) is always negative
6. If A's income is 25% less than B's ,by what % is B's income greater than that of A ?
D) None of these
7. What is the output of the program
// A. 00011
// B. 11110
// c. 11001
// D. 11100
Ans: B. 11110
8. What is the output of the program, if integer occupies 2 bytes memory?
// A. 13
// B. 10
// c. 16
// D. None of the above
Ans: B. 10
9. Which of the following is true about thread and process startup speed:
A) The startup of a thread is faster than a process.
B.) The process startup is faster as it is directly controlled by the OS.
C) They will be equal.
D) Depends on OS that is used. Faster on Windows98 slower on NT.
10. What causes “Thrashing” of a program :
A.) The constant swapping of program due to page faults.
B.) The inability of a program to get assess to a network resource.
C) A near overflow / underflow of a variable.
D) Assessing a memory area not allocated to the process.