Geographic Information Technologies
• Global Positioning Systems (GPS)
– A system of Earth-orbiting satellites which provides precise location on the earth’s surface in lat./long coordinates.
– 11 hours 58 minutes orbital period
– 24 hour 3D coverage worldwide
• Remote Sensing (RS)
– Use of satellites/aircrafts to capture info-earth’s surface.
– Digital ortho images a key product.
• Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
– Computer-based Technology
– Designed with software, hardware, data, procedure, network and live ware.
– Storage, retrieval, mapping and analysis of geographic data.
– Data is stored in coordinate form.
– Layered together for mapping analysis.
Please find the complete PDF presentation attached!