1. A man starts walking at 3 pm . ha walks at a speed of 4 km/hr on level ground and at a speed of 3 km/hr on uphill , 6 km/hr downhill and then 4 km/hr on level ground to reach home at 9 pm. What is the distance covered on one way?
Ans: 12 km
2. A grandma has many sons; each son has as many sons as his brothers. What is her age if it?s the product of the no: of her sons and grandsons plus no: of her sons?(age b/w 70 and 100).
3. An electric wire runs for 1 km b/w some no: of poles. If one pole is removed the distance b/w each pole increases by 1 2/6 (mixed fraction). How many poles were there initially?
4. There is a church tower 150 feet tall and another catholic tower at a distance of 350 feet from it which is 200 feet tall. There is one each bird sitting on top of both the towers. They fly at a constant speed and time to reach a grain in b/w the towers at the same time. At what distance from the church is the grain?
5. A person wants to meet a lawyer and as that lawyer is busy he asks him to come three days after the before day of the day after tomorrow? on which day the lawyer asks the person to come?
6. There are 100 men in town. Out of which 85% were married, 70% have a phone, 75% own a car, 80% own a house. What is the maximum number of people who are married, own a phone, own a car and own a house ? ( 3 marks)
7. There are 10 Red, 10 Blue, 10 Green, 10 Yellow, 10 White balls in a bag. If you are blindfolded and asked to pick up the balls from the bag, what is the minimum number of balls required to get a pair of atleast one colour ? ( 2 Marks)
Ans :6 balls.
8. Triplet who usually wear same kind and size of shoes, namely, Annie, Danny, Fanny. Once one of them broke a glass in kitchen and their shoe prints were there on floor of kitchen. When their mother asked who broke Annie said, ?I didn?t do it?; Fanny said ?Danny did it?; Danny said ?Fanny is lieing?; here two of them are lieing, one is speaking truth. Can you find out who broke it ? (3 Marks)
Ans : Annie
9. There are total 15 people. 7 speaks french and 8 speaks spanish. 3 do not speak any language. Which part of total people speaks both languages.
10. A jogger wants to save ?th of his jogging time. He should increase his speed by how much %age.
Ans: 33.33 %
11.If A wins in a race against B by 10 mts in a 100 Meter race. If B is behind of A by 10 mts. Then they start running race, who will won?
12. A+B+C+D=D+E+F+G=G+H+I=17 given A=4.Find value of G and H?
Ans: G = 5 E=1
13. One guy has Rs. 100/- in hand. He has to buy 100 balls. One football costs Rs. 15/, One Cricket ball costs Re. 1/- and one table tennis ball costs Rs. 0.25 He spend the whole Rs. 100/- to buy the balls. How many of each balls he bought?
14. The distance between Station Atena and Station Barcena is 90 miles. A train starts from Atena towards Barcena. A bird starts at the same time from Barcena straight towards the moving train. On reaching the train, it instantaneously turns back and returns to Barcena. The bird makes these journeys from Barcena to
the train and back to Barcena continuously till the train reaches Barcena. The bird finally returns to Barcena and rests. Calculate the total distance in miles the bird travels in the following two cases:
(a) The bird flies at 90 miles per hour and the speed of the train is 60 miles per hour.
(b) the bird flies at 60 miles per hour and the speed of the train is 90 miles per hour
Ans: time of train=1hr.so dist of bird=60*1=60miles
15. A tennis championship is played on a knock-out basis, i.e., a player is out of the tournament when he loses a match.
(a) How many players participate in the tournament if 15 matches are totally played?
(b) How many matches are played in the tournament if 50 players totally participate?
16.When I add 4 times my age 4 years from now to 5 times my age 5 years from now, I get 10 times my current age. How old will I be 3 years from now?
17. In a soap company a soap is manufactured with 11 parts. For making one soap you will get 1 part as scrap. At the end of the day u have 251 such scraps. From that how many soaps can be manufactured?
18. There is a 5digit no. 3 pairs of sum is eleven each. Last digit is 3 times the first one. 3 rd digit is 3 less than the second.4 th digit is 4 more than the second one. Find the digit.
Ans : 25296.
19. Fifty percent of the articles in a certain magazine are written by staff members. Sixty percent of the articles are on current affairs. If 75 percent of the articles on current affairs are written by staff members with more than 5 years experience of journalism, how many of the articles on current affairs are written by journalists with more than 5 years experience? 20 articles are written by staff members. Of the articles on topics other than current affairs, 50 percent are by staff members with less than 5 years experience.