Login to Your Account

Free Recharge

Thread: Environmental sciences /management as a career after Engineering

Environmental sciences /management as a career after Engineering

Hey guys, i saw this query posted over the internet and thought it would be a good topic to discuss this as a career option.

"I am a mechanical engineer, doing a job for the past one year. Now I want to work in waste management and plastic recycling in India. Are there any courses for one with a BTech (mechanical) with 68% marks? I donít want to write the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) or anything like that."

What do you think can be the options here?

Re: Environmental sciences /management as a career after Engineering

Waste management is an important aspect of environment management and conservation. It is advisable to take up a course in some area of environmental sciences or management if you wish to work in this sector.

There are several institutes that offer such courses. These include: * Bharathidasan University (MBA in environmental management covers principles of environmental management as well as waste management and industrial ecology) * Indian Institute of Environment Management (SIES), Navi Mumbai (runs a course in environment sciences) * University of Rajasthan, Jaipur (diploma in environmental studies and environmental management) * National Institute of Environment, Lucknow, (postgraduate diploma in industrial pollution management, environment management and environmental consultancy which includes aspects of waste management). * Indian Institute of Ecology and Environment * New Delhi (various distance-learning courses) * School of Environment Management, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, New Delhi (a master’s in environment management) * TERI University, New Delhi (offers postgraduate courses in environmental studies and natural resources management). * School of Environmental Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi (offers MSc, MPhil and PhD programmes) While entry to many of these courses is through an entrance test, the GATE score may not be required.----as adviced by Usha Albuquerque

Source: HTeducation