Close
Login to Your Account
Faadooengineers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which engineering career is good for me?

Which engineering career is good for me?

Which engineering career is good for me in UK , in concern with good oppertunity of work and demand of salary in Britian and other countries like America , Muslim Gulfs Area , India , Australia and Canada ?
    The following which i can go for are ..... Chemical , Electrical and Electronic and Petroleum Engineering . But my mind is towards Petroleum Engineering , what do you say about it ? Also tell your suggestion too ..!!!
    (5 stars will be awarded)
    Please help me to decide it . Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Thomisson View Post
    Which engineering career is good for me in UK , in concern with good oppertunity of work and demand of salary in Britian and other countries like America , Muslim Gulfs Area , India , Australia and Canada ?
    The following which i can go for are ..... Chemical , Electrical and Electronic and Petroleum Engineering . But my mind is towards Petroleum Engineering , what do you say about it ? Also tell your suggestion too ..!!!
    (5 stars will be awarded)
    Please help me to decide it . Thank you
    Hi @Thommison - well yes, petroleoum engineering is a nice booming field as on date. The best thing about it is attractive pay packages as soon as you pack out. The not so good thing is that you will be mostly given a field posting, away from family and friends.

So basically, think a little more and then decide..

hey friend..

i think petroleum engineering will be a good option...
    Last edited by FaaDoO-Engineer; 20th April 2011 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Post spamming removed!

Re: Which engineering career is good for me?

i want to do m.tech in nuclear engg.. which undergraduate degree is best suited for m.tech in nuclear?

Quote Originally Posted by proten View Post
    i want to do m.tech in nuclear engg.. which undergraduate degree is best suited for m.tech in nuclear?
    Since this is an interdisciplinary program, engineers of any background can apply......More often than not students with strong foundation in maths and physics are preferred over others.....Even with a Master's degree in Physics or Maths, one is eligible to take admission into Nuclear Engg M.Tech course.....

Quote Originally Posted by bitsian_vishal View Post
    Since this is an interdisciplinary program, engineers of any background can apply......More often than not students with strong foundation in maths and physics are preferred over others.....Even with a Master's degree in Physics or Maths, one is eligible to take admission into Nuclear Engg M.Tech course.....
    thanks buddy..
    my physics is gud, especially mechanics.. in chemistry i am comfortable with organic and physical but not with inorganic.. and i can't remember many things, i mean can't mugup... so what is better for me? mechanical or chemical?? i am confused between these two bramches...
    Last edited by proten; 30th May 2011 at 06:57 PM.

Blog Entries

thanks buddy..
    my physics is gud, especially mechanics.. in chemistry i am comfortable with organic and physical but not with inorganic.. and i can't remember many things, i mean can't mugup... so what is better for me? mechanical or chemical?? i am confused between these two bramches...
    Hey [MENTION=13014]proten[/MENTION]..go for mechanical anyday! Chemical as an engg trade sucks...there are not much opportunities in India..

BTW i think you are the same guy who started the nuclear engg thread as well...Yes its a good option..go for it!

thanks buddy..
    I think mechanical engineering is better for you.But you need not worry.Go through the syllabus of both the branches in the websites of some esteemed college/college where you want to study and you get the idea on which branch you are more interested.

[MENTION=13014]proten[/MENTION]
    I would suggest you do BSc (Hons) in Physics followed by MTech in Nuclear Engineering. A number of Univs allow you to do an MTech after completing your BSc. You save a year, besides getting a solid base in Physics which would be very helpful for Nuclear Engineering.

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

[MENTION=4646]Thomisson[/MENTION]
    I would suggest CSE as CSE rocks ! However, if you are keen on Petroleum, I would suggest couple that with some courses on renewable energy as that is where a lot of research is being done due to escalating prices of petroleum.

petroleum is gr8

i done electricals

I think you should go for Information technology field. IT has a great scope and growth in the present and it future is also seems bright. You can easily can a good job in USA or INDIA or in any country with IT profile.

m getting EEE at Bits Pilani and also ECE at NIT Warangal.......which is better???? please help

In Engineering ECE,Mechanical branches are Ever-green branches.They had alot of demand.In CSE,IT branches there are ups and downs..Electronics and Mechanical branches which are mostly used for Automobiles and Industries purpose..so..there are Ever-green at all times..

Well I would like to add that petroleum engineering is an excellent option. Petroleum engineering is a challenging field and has immense scope. If you are an avid traveler you get the opportunity to work on assignments in various places, as several petroleum firms are located all over the world.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast