The two overarching project objectives are:
1. Development of an ACO capability to reduce weather-related delays by 20%.
• Delivering a robust worldwide operations capability, allowing aircraft to use airports with less capable ground based approach aids, in a wider range of degraded flight conditions.
• Delivering more autonomous aircraft operation, including anticipation and avoidance of weather disturbances and other possible perturbations in-flight or on the ground.
• Delivering improved punctuality while simultaneously enhancing safety.
2. Development of a new cockpit architecture facilitating the introduction of new technologies and applications.
• Delivering a competitive, scalable core cockpit architecture applicable to all aircraft types.
• Delivering seamless integration of innovative avionics technologies and new applications such as All Conditions Operations to respond to the new challenges of aircraft operation.
• Delivering the architecture to enable the next step towards single crew operation