Login to Your Account

Free Recharge

Thread: IIFT Delhi 2013 Admissions, Cut offs, Placements, Ranking Discussion

Information IIFT Delhi 2013 Admissions, Cut offs, Placements, Ranking Discussion

Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, Delhi

Hey Aspiring FaaDoOOOO's

Let me start with a brief summary of the college.

Established year: 1963

Campus in acres: 6 Acres

Ranking : The College is Ranked 2nd in Delhi-NCR India.

Courses Offered:

• Executive Post Graduate Diploma in International Business (EPGDIB)
    • MBA (International Business)
    • Certificate Programme:CPEM, CCIBL, CPCFM, CPGTLO

Indian Institute of Foreign Trade ( IIFT)
    THE Indian Institute of Foreign Trade ( IIFT) is at the nucleus of an increasingly globalised management education sector that delivers quality inputs by engaging highly qualified faculty and guest speakers drawn from the industry.

Thanks to a well- structured campus placement programme that ensures almost 100 per cent employment for its students, there’s every chance that a seat at IIFT would be one right step in the direction of a robust career.

The Indian Institute of Foreign Trade ( IIFT) was established by the Union Ministry of Commerce & Industry in 1963 and is an autonomous organisation that enjoys the status of a deemed university. It is now a recognised centre of excellence in the areas of International Business Management and Strategy, which are reflected in all the three major activities of the institute — research, training and education.

Dr Surajit Mitra, Director, IIFT, may be only a few months old in his present role, but his vision and ambition is already quite set. An esteemed educator who has taught at the University of Oxford, Delhi University, North Eastern Hill University and JNU, Mitra is of the opinion that IIFT has just the right kind of faculty to deliver qualitative outcomes. Not only that, it has all the ingredients and potential of becoming a knowledge centre. IIFT, in fact, prides itself on being a centre of excellence for research on the World Trade Organisation ( WTO) and related issues. I TS research orientation however hasn’t made it slow down on bread- and- butter issues.

Placements @IIFT

As many as 56 companies visited the campus for recruitments from the Class of 2012 and the highest CTC offered was $ 1,50,000 ( ` 83 lakh per annum).

The recruiters cut across sectors and included Bajaj Auto, Citibank, Deutsche Bank, Flipkart, HDFC Bank, Hero MotoCorp, Johnson & Johnson, MMTC, Nokia, Procter & Gamble, Power Finance Corporation, TCS and Vodafone.

IIFT conducts its own entrance exam, the notification of which is released by the second week of July. Based on the written test, candidates are invited for group discussion, essay writing and interview. The test follows a multiple- choice, objective- type format.

IN A LEAGUE OF ITS OWN Placements are an area where IIFT get a lot of kudos. Mohit Jhurani, Class of 2012 and Associate Manager, Procter & Gamble, says he owes his placement entirely to the summer internship at P& G that his institute had ensured.

“ helped me make an informed career choice and support from the faculty helped me secure a pre- placement offer from P& G,” Jhurani says.

With such goodwill to ride on, Mitra’s word is worth its weight in gold. “ My aim is to make IIFT into a knowledge centre and a national data bank that can be beneficial to exports, importers, industrialists and the government,” he declares. “ We must become the repository of data on management and trade under one roof”. Over the years IIFT, which now has 281 full- time students and 180 part- timers, has evolved from being a centre of foreign trade to becoming a complete business school that rests on a tripod: MBA ( International Business), original research and management development programmes for working executives. The MBA ( IB) is a general management course with emphasis on International Business.

It means that besides pursuing a general MBA, IIFT students get exposed to global perspectives on relevant subjects by taking up courses such as international marketing, international finance, international strategy and international brand management.

IIFT alumnus Jhurani, who took courses ranging from supply chain operations to finance, says “ the institute’s course curriculum and brand equity promised me a smooth journey into the world of international business, which motivated me to pursue an MBA from IIFT.” It’s hardly likely that the experience of other students would be any different. As Jhurani puts it, “ You don’t get to change your life every day, so when you see that opportunity, you seize it.

Last edited by koolkroocer; 27th November 2012 at 05:08 PM.