Login to Your Account

Free Recharge

Thread: Data Structures Interviews Question And Answers

Doc 32 Data Structures Interview Questions And Answers

1) What is data structure?
    Data structure refers to the way data is organized and manipulated. It seeks to find ways to make data access more efficient. When dealing with data structure, we not only focus on one piece of data, but rather different set of data and how they can relate to one another in an organized manner.
    2) Differentiate file structure from storage structure.
    Basically, the key difference is the memory area that is being accessed. When dealing with the structure that resides the main memory of the computer system, this is referred to as storage structure. When dealing with an auxiliary structure, we refer to it as file structure.
    3) When is a binary search best applied?
    A binary search is an algorithm that is best applied to search a list when the elements are already in order or sorted. The list is search starting in the middle, such that if that middle value is not the target search key, it will check to see if it will continue the search on the lower half of the list or the higher half. The split and search will then continue in the same manner.
    4) What is a linked list?
    A linked list is a sequence of nodes in which each node is connected to the node following it. This forms a chain-like link of data storage.
    5) How do you reference all the elements in a one-dimension array?
    To do this, an indexed loop is used, such that the counter runs from 0 to the array size minus one. In this manner, we are able to reference all the elements in sequence by using the loop counter as the array subscript.

Download Attachment........................................

Attached Files for Direct Download
      File Name:
      File Size:
      76.2 KB
      Total Downloads:
    * Click on the 'file icon' or 'file name' to start downloading
    Last edited by devsuroor; 28th November 2012 at 04:28 PM.

Re: Data Structures Interviews Question And Answers

Thanks for such a great and informative information and link for download tutorial for interview question and answer. This is really very useful tutorial for all the people for doing preparation of data-structure interview question.

Re: Data Structures Interviews Question And Answers

plz send me cse materials & notes covering gate syllabus and suggest me gate books,send me link to download study material for cse to my mail sruthi.penmatsa3[MENTION=183148]gmail[/MENTION].com