Close
Login to Your Account
Faadooengineers

Thread: Do marks matter for getting job in PSU?

Do marks matter for getting job in PSU?

hii friends
    I am very confuse I am B.Tech 3rd year electronic and instrumentation student and secured aggregate 67% . So i want to know that my aggregate percentage is enough to get job in PSU or i will have to face problem in getting job in psu because i have secured very less percentage?
    plesase help me......

Quote Originally Posted by mohit brh View Post
    hii friends
    I am very confuse I am B.Tech 3rd year electronic and instrumentation student and secured aggregate 67% . So i want to know that my aggregate percentage is enough to get job in PSU or i will have to face problem in getting job in psu because i have secured very less percentage?
    plesase help me......
    Hi Mohit

you have a decent percentage going on till now. I am sure you can definitely stretch it to about 70% in your final year because scoring some extra marks is easy thanks to the projects and trainings!

About PSU's, well every company has a different criteria. Companies like BHEL, NTPC, GAIL, etc etc have their own written exam and have a lower cut off of around 55-60% in graduation. So you are safe here.

But then there are a handful of companies (very rare), like DRDO, ISRO (if you count them as PSU!) who have a high graduation cut-off of about 80-85%. So it will be a little difficult to get into these for you at this stage.

So I believe you should keep a target of 70% which is fairly easy to achieve and then study for all the PSU exams.

All the best!