This standard lays down the general requirements for the design and construction of concrete structures, plain, reinforced or prestressed concrete, intended for storage of liquids, mainly water. The requirements applicable specifically to reinforced concrete liquid retaining structures are covered in Part II.
This code does not cover the requirements for reinforced and Prestressed concrete structures for storage of hot liquids and liquids o low viscosity and high penetrating power like petrol, diesel oil etc. Special
problems of shrinkage arising in the storage of non-aqueous liquids and the measures necessary where chemical attack is possible, are also not dealt with. The recdmmendations, however, may generally be applicable to the storage at normal temperatures of aqueous liquids and solutions which have no deterimental actiofi on concrete and steel or where sufficient precautions are taken to ensure protection of concrete and steel from damage due to action of such liquids as in the case of sewage.
- Indian Standard code ebooks free download
- CODE OF PRACTICE FOR DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION PILE FOUNDATIONS-IS 2911 Code
- Indian Standard PLAIN AND REINFORCED CONCRETE - CODE OF PRACTICE
- Indian Standard and British standard codes list free pdf download
- Strength of Concrete Indian Standard full notes pdf downloads