1. In majority of machine members, the damping capacity of the material should be zero.
2. At quite low temperatures (say -75°c) the notched bar impact value of steel decreases significantly.
3. The crest diameter of a screw thread is same as major diameter.
4. If d is the diameter of bolt hole then for a flanged pipe joint to be leak proof, the circumferential pitch of the bolts should be 20√d - 30√d.
5. Muntz metal contains copper-zinc.
6. A Babbitt is antimony bearing lead or tin alloy.
7. Steel balls for ball bearing are manufactured by cold heading.
8. The blow off pressure of a safety value is 106% of boiler working pressure.
9. A foundation bolt with a circular end is secured to the floor by means of a steel cotter. If the pull on the bolt is 14000 kg, the diameter of the bolt should be 60 mm.
10. In case knuckle joint the pin is most likely to fail in double shear.
11. The key is cut is both shaft and hub is case of sunk key.
12. Splines are used when axial relative motion between shaft and hub is necessary.
13. Splined shafts are generally used in automobiles.
14. Universal coupling/Hook’s joint is used for non-collinear shafts.
15. In flange coupling the weakest element should be key.
16. Turn buckle has left hand threads on one end and right hand threads on other end.
17. Elastic nut is a locking device that has hard fiber or nylon cotter is recessed in the nut and becomes threaded as the nut is screwed on the bolt causing a tight grip.
18. Treating the weld as a line, the moment of inertia about center of gravity of a circular weld of diameter d, would be πd3/4.
19. A single ply leather belt running at a belt velocity of 300 ft/min is likely to transmit per inch of width 4.0 HP.
20. For butt welding of two plates each of which is 25 mm thick, the best process would be electro slag welding.
21. The compression members tend to buckle in the direction of least radius of gyration
22. The diameter of a washer is generally slightly more than the diameter of the bolt.
23. A reinforced concrete beam is considered to be made up of heterogeneous material.
24. According to Euler’s theory the critical length of a column is given by Pc = π 2EI/L2 .
25. Rankine formula is valid up to slenderness ratio of 120.
26. Slenderness ratio of a column is length of strut/least radius of gyration.
27. In hydrodynamics bearing the oil film pressure is generated only by the rotation of the journal.
28. If P = bearing pressure on projected bearing area, z = absolve viscosity of lubricant, and N = speed of journal, then the characteristic number is given by ZN/p.
29. The rated life of bearing changes inversely as cube of load.
30. The oiliness bearing does not need external supply of lubricant.
31. In cross or regular lay ropes direction of twist of in stands is opposite to the direction of twist of stands.
32. Gears for wrist watches are generally manufactured by helix angle.
33. The type of cam used for low and moderate speed engines is generally harmonic
34. The form coefficient of a spring is capability to store energy.
35. Coriolis component of acceleration is found in wit worth-quick return motion
36. Cold working of material increase the fatigue strength.
37. A Babbitt is antimony bearing lead or tin alloy
38. Addendum of a cycloidal gear tooth is epicycloids
39. Spiral gears are suitable for transmitting small powers
40. As pump speed increases its NPSH (Net Positive Suction Head) requirement increases
41. If pump NPSH requirements are not satisfied, it will be cavitated
42. Bush roller chain is used in motor cycle.
43. The working load for a chain for crane application is expressed in terms of diameter of link in cm and given by 500 multiplied by square of diameter.
44. If a square key and shaft are to be of the same material and or of equal strength, the length of key would be 1.23d, d=diameter of shaft
45. In a standard coarse thread bolt the stress concentration is maximum at root.
46. Fatigue strength of a surface may be increased by polishing the surface
47. The maximum deflection allowed in gantry girders is L/1000
48. The maximum size of the fillet weld that can be used at 3 mm
49. The maximum size of fillet weld that can be made in single pass in 6 mm
50. A rolled steel flat designated as 50 ISF 8 means the flat is 50 mm wide and 8 mm thick.
51. The column splice is used for increasing length of column
52. The minimum thickness steel member exposed to weather and accessible for painting is 10 mm
53. For determination of allowable stress in axial compression, IS: 800-1962 has adopted secant formula
54. For accurately, cut gears operating at velocities upto 20 m/sec, the velocity factor v, is given by 6/6+v
55. Zero axial thrust is experienced in herinnghbone gears
56. In order to realize the advantage of fluid friction, it is essential to have parallel oil film in bearing
57. A Shaft rotating in anti-clockwise direction at slow speed inside a bearing will be towards left side of bearing and making metal to metal contact
58. Bearing characteristics number relating Z-absolute viscosity of lubricant, N-speed of journal and p-bearing pressure on projected bearing area is ZN/p
Ø Basic concepts for theory of machine/Dynamics of Machine
1. A kinematics chain needs a minimum of 4 link and 4 turning pairs.
2. If the frequency of oscillation on earth is n then the frequency of oscillation on the moon will be n/√6.
3. The biflar suspension method is used to find out moment of inertia.
4. The total number of instantaneous centers for a mechanism of n link is equal to n(n-1)/2.
5. In case of an elliptical trammel two pairs turn and two pairs slide.
6. A shaft revolving in a bearing forms a lower pair.
7. For kinematic chains formed by lower pair the relation between the number of link L and the number of joint J is given by L = 2/3 (J+2).
8. The mechanism used to enlarge or reduce moments for reproducing drawings to different scales is called pantograph.
9. The number of links in a pantograph is to 4.
10. If a practical of a link has a velocity that changes both in magnitude and direction at any instant, then it must have two components of acceleration e.g., centripetal. And tangential.
11. The Klein’s method of construction for reciprocating engine mechanism utilities a quadrilateral similar to the diagram of mechanism for reciprocating engine.
12. In elliptical trammels have two pairs turning and two pairs sliding.
13. When a ship travel in a sea, the effect of the pitching is more dangerous.
14. If ф is angle of friction, the limiting value of tan ф will be µ.
15. Multiple collars are provided on a flat collar pivot bearing to distribute the axial load due to limiting bearing pressure on a collar.
16. Slip in belt drive is different between the linear speed of the rim of pulley and the belt on it.
17. In case of flat belt drive the length of belt in case of gross belts depends on the sum of the diameters of pulleys.
18. A pantograph is a mechanism having lower pairs.
19. Kinematic pairs are those pairs that have two elements that allow relative motion.
20. A cam with a roller follower would constitute higher pair.
21. Peaucellier mechanism has eight links.
22. Hart mechanism has six links.
23. For a kinematic chain to be considered as mechanism one link should be fixed.
24. The cam angle is the angle of rotation of the cam for a definite displacement of the follower.
25. Klein’s construction is used to find out acceleration of various parts.
26. For a stable governor there is one radius of the governor weight for each equilibrium speed.
27. In case of a governor isochronous is only one equilibrium which is constant for all radii of rotation of the bells within the working range.
28. Module can be expressed in mm.
29. The bipolar suspension method I used to find out moment of inertia.
30. Instantaneous centre of rotation of a link in a four bar mechanism lies on a point obtained by intersection of extending adjoining links.
31. A reverted gear train is one in which the first and last gear are on the same shaft.
32. In case of spur gears the flank of the tooth is the part of the tooth surface lying below the pitch surface.
33. In case of cross helical worm the axes of two shafts are non parallel-non-interesting.
34. In case of gears the addendum is given by one module.
35. Gears for watches are generally manufactured by stamping.
36. A cam where in the follower reciprocates or oscillates in plane parallel to the axis of the cam is called cylindrical cam.
37. Rope break Dynamometers uses no lubricant.
38. Tesla fluid friction dynameters used for power measurement when the speed is high and the viscous force is small.
39. Hydraulic Dynamometers is widely used for absorption of wide range power at wide range of speed.
40. The secondary disturbing force because of inertia of reciprocating mass is given by W/g ω2 r/n cos θ.
41. In a balancing machine the units for unbalance measurements are gm-cm.
42. In a hartnell governor if the stiffness of spring is increased the governor will become less sensitive.
43. The supply of working fluid to the engine to suit the load conditions can be controlled by governor.
44. The governor used in gramophone is of pickening type.
45. A porter governor could be classified as dead weight type governor.
46. The function of a governor is to adjust variation of speed by varying the input to the engine.
47. If D and T be the pitch circle diameter and no. of teeth of a gear, then its circular pitch p = π D/T.
48. If D1 and T1 be the diameter and no. of teeth of gear 1 and D2 and T2 the corresponding value of other gear in mesh, then ratio N1/N2, will be equal to D2/D1.
49. A scott-russel mechanism is made up of sliding and turning pairs.
50. Ackerman steering gear is made up of turning pairs.
51. A sliding crank chain is made up of three turning and one sliding pairs.
52. A motor car takes a bend of certain radius in right hand direction when moving at some speed. If engine rotates in a clockwise direct when viewed from front, then because of centrifugal force reaction on outside wheel is increased and on inside wheels decreased.
53. If δ be the static deflection of shaft under the gravity load, then natural frequency of the system in case of the longitudinal and transverse vibration is equal to 1/2 π √g/δ.
54. Cold working increased the fatigue strength.
55. Coaxing is the procedure of increasing fatigue limit by overstressing the metal by successively increasing loadings.
56. The notch angle of the Izod impact test specimen is 450.
57. In vicker’s hardness testing, the pyramid indentor apex is 400.
Ø Basic Concepts in Thermodynamics
1. In the polytropic process we have pvn = constant, if the value of n is infinitely large, the process is called constant volume process.
2. The molecular volume of any perfect gas at 600 +103 N/m2 and 270c will be 4.17 m3/kg mol.
3. The thermodynamic cycle used in a thermal power plant is Rankine.
4. For the same heat input and same compression ratio efficiency depend mainly on working substance.
5. The change in enthalpy for small temperature change ∆T for an ideal gas is given by the relation ∆H = Cp ∆T.
6. Entropy, for reversible flow, is given by the relation dS = dqh/T.
7. The S.I. unit of pressure is Pascal.
8. Superheated vapour behaves approximately as a gas.
9. A sterling cycle has two isothermal and two constant volume processes.
10. Brayton cycle has two isentropic and two constant pressure processes.
11. Otto cycle consists of two isentropic and two constant volume processes.
12. Diesel cycle consists of two isotropic, one constant volume one constant pressure processes.
13. Ericsson cycle has two isothermals and two constants pressure processes.
14. Brayton cycle cannot be used in reciprocating engines even for same adiabatic compression ratio and work output because large volume of low pressure air cannot be efficiently handled in rotation engines.
15. Brayton cycle is generally used for gas turbine.
16. Antifreeze chemicals are those that lower down the freezing points of liquids.
17. Clog point of an oil refer to the temperature at which paraffin and waxes in oil start precipitating.
18. If value of n is defiantly large in a polytropic pVn = C. Then the process is called constant volume process.
19. A heat exchange process where the product of pressure and volume remains constant is called hyperbolic process.
20. Zeroth law of thermodynamics provides the basis for measuring thermodynamic property of temperature.
21. 1 watt = 1 Nm/s.
22. For a six compression of air set, with the minimum work condition the temperature rise in the cylinders will be the same.
23. In case of steam engine the cut off ratio is the ratio of piston stroke which the piston has travelled when cut off occurs.
24. The reason for insulating the pipe is to minimize the heat loss from the surface.
25. Under ideal conditions isothermal, isobaric, isochoric and adiabatic processes are quasi-static processes.
26. Isentropic flow is reversible adiabatic flow.
27. Exhaust gases from a engine possess kinetic energy
28. The extension and compression of a helical spring is an example of reversible process.
29. At critical point the latent enthalpy of vaporization is zero.
30. Change in temperature = zero relation is not applicable in a free expansion process.
31. An ideal engine absorbs heat at a temperature of 1270c and exhausts heat at a temperature of 770c.Its efficiency will be 13%.
32. The triple point of a substance is the temperature and pressure at which the solid does not melt, the liquid does not boil and the gas does not condense.
Ø Basic concepts of Thermal Engg
1. The pressure of the gas in terms of its mean kinetic energy per unit volume E is equal to 2E/3 and Kinetic Energy is always proportional to temperature.
2. The super heated vapor acts as perfect gas and obeys all gas laws
3. Absolute zero pressure will occur when there is no molecular momentum
4. No liquid can exists at absolute zero pressure and absolute pressure can be attained at 0 Kelvin
5. Behavior of gas can be fully determined by four gas laws
6. For air ratio of specific heats is 1.4
7. Mono-atomic gas has highest ratio of specific heat = 1.66
8. As per Joule’s law internal energy is function of temperature.
9. The same volume of all gases would represents their molecular weights
10. Gases have two value of specific heat. One is at constant pressure and one is at constant volume
11. The molecular weights of all the perfect gases occupy the same volume under same conditions of pressure and temperature.
12. Work done in free expansion process is always zero
13. Work done for rigid container having gas, is zero
14. Heat and work are not properties of system
15. Absolute value of internal energy cannot be found but only change in internal energy can be found
16. On weight basis air contains 23 parts of oxygen
17. Heat and work are path functions
18. N.T.P means Normal Temperature Pressure
19. Change in the enthalpy is the heat supplied during constant pressure
20. Change in the internal energy is the heat supplied during constant volume
21. For isothermal process, process index is unity
22. The basis for measuring thermodynamic property of temperature is given by zeroth law of thermodynamics
23. First law of thermodynamic gives concepts of internal energy
24. Second law of thermodynamic gives concepts of entropy
25. Third law of thermodynamic deals with concept of zero entropy at absolute zero temperature of 0 Kelvin.
26. Throttling is the process during which cooling is produced
27. 1 calorie = 4.186 Joule
28. Integration of pdv is non flow work
29. On volume basis air contains 21 parts of oxygen
30. Molecular weight of gas x characteristics gas constant = value of universal gas constant
31. For a perfect gas, internal energy and enthalpy are functions of temperature only.
Ø Basic concepts of Fluid Mechanics
1. The velocity of fluid particle is Maximum at the center of the pipe section.
2. Density is defined in terms of viscosity as dynamic viscosity/kinematic viscosity.
3. The Reynolds number for pipe flow is given VDρ/µ.
4. SI unit of viscosity is 10 times poise.
5. Kinetic viscosity is not a dimensionless parameter.
6. The upper critical importance Reynolds’s number for pipe flow is of no practical importance to designers.
7. A liquid compressed in a cylinder has a volume of 1 liter at 1 MN/m2 and a volume of 995 cu cm at MN/m2. The bulk modulus of elasticity is 200 MPa.
8. The length of mercury column at a place at an altitude will change with respect to that at ground first slowly and then steeply.
9. The volumetric change of the fluid caused by a resistance is called adhesion.
10. Property of a fluid whereby its own molecules are attracted is known as cohesion.
11. The pressure at a point in a fluid will not be the same in all directions if the fluid is viscous and is in motion.
12. Pitot tube can be used to measure the flow of water in a pipe of diameter 3000mm.
13. An ideal fluid is one that is frictionless and incompressible.
14. Uniform flow takes place when at every point the velocity vector is identical in magnitude and direction for any given instant.
15. The continuity equation for an ideal fluid flow state that energy is constant everywhere in the fluid.
16. Neglecting the forces due to inertia, gravity and frictional resistance, the design of a channel can be made by comparing Froude’s number.
17. For smooth turbulent flow the friction factor changes as Nr1/4.
18. In order to avoid vaporization in the pipe line, the pipe line over the ridge is laid in such a way that it is not more than 6.4 m above the hydraulic gradient.
19. The continuity equation is applicable to conservation of mass.
20. The rise or fall of head ‘h’ in a capillary tube of diameter ‘d’ and liquid surface tension ‘ σ‘ and specific weight ‘w’ is given by 4σ/wd.
21. McLeod gauge used for low pressure measurement operates on the principle of Boyle’s law.
22. Mass density of liquid (ρ ) is given by ρ = kg sec2/m4.
23. Running away speed of a Pelton wheel gives no load speed when governor mechanism fails.
24. A Kaplan turbine is low head axial flow turbine.
25. Vector difference of two velocities is relative velocity.
26. A ship whose hull length is 100 m is to travel at 10 m/sec. For dynamic similarity, at 2 m/sec velocity a 1:25 model be towed through water.
27. For stable equilibrium of floating body its metacentre should lie above the center of gravity.
28. Center of pressure on an inclined plane lies below the centroid.
29. The line of action of the buoyant force always acts through the centroid of the displaced volume of the fluid.
30. An equipotential line is one that has no velocity component tangent to it.
31. Hydraulic jump is used to reduce the energy of flow.
32. The lowest portion to storage basin from where the water is not drawn, is dead storage.
33. The pitot tube is a device used for measurement of velocity.
34. Hydrometer is used to fine out specific gravity of liquids.
35. Mach number is signification is case of supersonics, as with projectiles and jet propulsion.
36. The fluid forces taken in to consideration in the Navier Stokes equation are gravity, pressure and viscosity.
37. Rocks having excessive internal stresses, producing spalling, are called stratified rocks.
38. Permissible velocity of water flowing through concrete tunnel, is generally 4-5 m/s.
39. The maximum continuous power available from a hydro-electric plant under the most adverse hydraulic conditions is called firm power.
40. The ratio of maximum load to the rated plant capacity is called utilization factor.
41. Orifice refers to n opening in hydraulic structure with regulation provision.
42. The value of coefficient of discharge in comparison to coefficient of velocity is found to be less.
43. Weir refer to an opening having partially full flow.
44. The pressure force, in Netwons, on the 15 cm dia head light of an automobile traveling at 25 m/s will be 6.8.
45. Power transmitted through a pipe is maximum when the loss of head due to friction is one-third of the total head supplied.
Ø Basic concepts in Production technology
Projection welding is multi spot welding process.
In resistance welding, the pressure is released after the weld cools.
Grey cast iron is best welded by oxy-acetylene.
The edge preparation for welding Is not needed up to 4 mm thickness of plate.
The relation for cutting tool life is given by VTn = C where V is cutting speed, T is corresponding life n and C are constant depending on cutting conditions. The numerical value of n for roughing cut as compared to that for light cuts in mild steel does not on type of cut.
A plug gauge is used to measure cylindrical bores.
Aluminum has a higher cutting speed than cast iron & tool steel.
A magnetic chuck is generally used when a large number of components are turned and parted off from a bar.
Gear tooth vernier is used for measuring gear tooth profile.
Undercutting is cutting from the base of a work-piece.
Laser welding is widely used in electronic industry.
Un- like materials or materials of different thickness can be butt welded by control of pressure and current.
In are welding operations the current value is decided by the size of the electrode.
The phenomenon of weld decay takes place in stainless steel.
Arc below takes place in welding stainless steel.
Swab is used in foundry for repairing the mould.
Gagger is used in foundry for cleaning of castings.
Bellows are used in foundry for smoothening and cleaning out depression in the mould.
Permeability of a foundry sand is capacity to hold moisture.
What for are metal pattern used in large scale production of castings.
21. An important factor to be considered while designing a core print is moulding sand characteristics.
Weld spatter refers to welding defect.
If ‘t’ is the thickness of sheet to be spot welded, then electrode tip diameter is equal to √t.
A sprue is a tool used in mould repairing.
Gate is a vent hole to allow for the hot gases to escape.
Core prints provided to from seat to support and hold the core.
The equipment that is used in pit for supply of air is known as centrifugal blower.
Draft allowance on castings is generally 1-2 mm/M.
Tumbling is done so as to clean the surface of small parts.
The purpose of inoculation is to modify the structure and properties of a cast metal.
The draft allowance on metallic pattern as compared to wooden ones is less.
Angle iron is not a angle measuring device.
The mould for casting ferrous materials in continuous casting process is made of copper.
If V is the volume of metal in a casting and A its surface areas, then time of solidification will be proportional to V2, 1/A2. The purpose of riser is to help feed the casting until all solidification takes place.
A silver refers to the temperature of equilibrium between solid silver and liquid silver at normal atmospheric pressure.
The gold point refers to 10630C.
The silver point refers to 960.500C.
Rotameter is used for flow of liquids and gases.
The impedance of piezo-electric crystal is high.
Hot wire anemometers are generally used for measuring velocity of air steam.
Scale sensitivity is defined as ratio of a change in scale reading to the corresponding change in pointer deflection.
In carthias process cavity is filled with a pre-calculated quantity of metal and a core or plunger is inserted to force the metal in to cavity.
In slush casting process metal is poured in to die cavity, and after a predetermined time the mould is inverted to permit a part of metal still in molten to flow out of cavity.
Ornaments are cast by gravity casting.
During MIG welding the metal is transferred in the from of fine spray of metal.
A collimated light beam is used for producing heat in laser welding.
Wipping is the process of connecting loss pipes by soldering alloy.
In water jet machining process hydraulic fluid acts as transfer media.
The power consumption in ultrasonic machining in kW/cm3/min is of the order of 10 kW/m3/min.
Sweep pattern is used for moulding parts having uniform symmetrical shape.
The helix angle on a HSS (High Speed Steel) twist drill for drilling cast iron is of the order of 24-320.
The usual value of helix angle of a drill is 300.
A twist drill is specified by shank, material and diameter.
Broaching operation is generally used in automobile industry as semi-skilled operators can be employed.
For proper broaching operation at least three number of teeth should be in the work at a time.
Ø Basic concepts in Engineering metallurgy
Delta iron occurs at temperature between 1400 oC and 1539 oC .
Gamma iron exists at temperature between 910 oC and 1400 °C .
Ferromagnetic alpha iron exists in temperature range below 723 °C .
Para-magnetic alpha iron changes to gamma iron at 910 °C.
Fatigue failure: Fatigue failure occurs when a part is subjected to compressive stress.
Homogeneous : A body having identical properties all over
Elastic behavior : If a material recovers its original dimensions, when load is removed.
A ductile fracture is characterized by appreciable plastic deformation prior to propagation of crack.
Resilience: The ability of a material to absorb energy when deformed elastically
Machining properties of steel can be improved by adding sulphur, lead, phosphorus.
Eutectoid steel the percentage of carbon is 0.8%.
A cold chisel is made of high carbon steel.
An engineer’s hammer is made of forged steel.
Cyaniding: The process of adding carbon and nitrogen by heat treatment of steel to increase its surface hardness.
Tensile strength of common varieties of cast iron is in the range 840-500 Mpa.
In carbon steel casting the percentage of carbon is less than 1.7%.
Aluminium alloys for pressure die casting must posses considerable fluidity.
Electro forming is Specially valuable for thin walled parts requiring a high order of accuracy and internal surface finish.
In power metallurgy the process of heating the cold pressed metal power is called sintering.
The hardness of steel increases if it contains martensite.
The presence of sulphur in pig iron makes the casting unsound.
Compressive strength of grey cast iron in tones per square cm is of the order of 5-7.
The machinability of steel can be increased by phosphorous, lead and sulphur.
Steel with 0.8% carbon and 100% pearlite is known as eutectoid steel
The maximum hardenability of any steel depends on the carbon content.
In 18-4-1 high speed steel the maximum percentage is of iron.
In compression, a prism of brittle material will break by shearing along oblique plan.
Cast-alloy contains nickel and molybdenum.
Trimming is a process associated with forging.
Addition of lead and bishmuth to aluminium results in improving machinability
Foundry crucible is made of graphite.
Age-hardening is related with duralumin.
For heavy loads in aircraft bearings the malarial used with lead to reduce the risk of seizure, is silver.
As compared to steel the tensile strength of wood is generally 1/5.
Compressive strength of wood is generally more along the grains.
Superconducting property exist at temperatures below 10 K.
Weld Decay: The phenomenon of weld decay is associated with stainless steels.
Bloom: Bloom are obtained by passing hot ingots through the rolling mills and are of size 150 mm x 150mm to 350mm x 350mm.
A knoop indenter is a diamond group to a pyramdidal from.
A unit cell that contains nine atoms is known as body centered cubic space lattice.
The process commonly used for thermo-plastic material is injection moulding.
The most important element that controls the physical properties of steel is carbon.
In process annealing process, the hypoeutectoid steel is heated below A1 line with a view to make steel ductile for cold working.
The imperfection in the crystal structure of metal is known as dislocation.
Polyesters belong to the group of thermosetting plastics.
The effect of alloying zinc to copper is to increase strength and ductility (if added up to 10-30 %.)
Ø The following topics are important from the exam point of view
Shear force in riveted joint (Machine Design)
Current requirement in spot welding (Joining method)
Sheet metal working (Joining method)
Low carbon steel (Metallurgy)
Rake angle’s effect (Theory of metal cutting)
Mean friction angle (Theory of metal cutting)
Tool geometry, Tool signature (Theory of metal cutting)
Single cutting point tool (Theory of metal cutting)
ECM electrodes (Modern machining methods)
Point to point cutting NC system (CAD/CAM)
Boiler rating (Power plant application)
Steam and vapor cycle, Rankine cycle (Power plant application)
Brake thermal efficiency (Thermodynamics)
Diffuser, super and subsonic diffuser geometry (Turbo machinery)
16. Specific speeds of pumps and turbines (Fluid machines)
17. Unit speeds of pumps and turbines (Fluid machines)
18. Thermal efficiency (Thermodynamics, Power plant)
19. Heat transfer from fin, insulated tips (Heat transfer)
20. COP of refrigeration and heat pump (Refrigeration)
21. Deformation (Strength of Materials)
22. Instantaneous centre (Theory of machines)
23. Spherical roller bearing ( Machine Design)
24. Fatigue strength ( Machine Design)
25. Iron carbon diagram (Metallurgy)
26. Casting types and design of castings (Manufacturing)
27. Type of non-conventional processes (Manufacturing)
28. Pitot tubes, Mcloyed gauge, planimeter, LVDT (Measurement systems)
29. Unit speed of turbines(Fluid machines)
30. Bernoulli's equation (Fluid mechanics)
31. DC/AC welding, straight and reverse polarity (Welding Technology - manufacturing)
32. Shaft and hole, tolerance and interference (Machine Design)
33. Milling table speed, turning and drilling speed, feed rate ( manufacturing)
34. Centrifugal casting ( manufacturing)
35. NC machines ( manufacturing)
36. Gas turbine cycles, reheating processes (Power plant engineering)
37. Regeneration and co-generation (Power plant engineering)
38. Properties of Refrigerant (Refrigeration)
39. Radiative heat transfer, Stefan Boltzmann constant. (Heat and mass transfer)
40. Equivalent evaporation of boiler and enthalpy of evaporation (Power plant engineering)
41. Cavitation and vapor pressure (Thermodynamics-Fluid mechanics)
42. Mohr’s circle radius (Strength of Materials)
43. Strain energy due to bending (Strength of Materials)
44. No of degree of freedom (Theory of Machines)
45. Soderberg equation (Machine Design)