Close
Login to Your Account
Faadooengineers

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: VNIT Nagpur 2011 Admissions | Cut-Offs, Ranks,Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion

Favorite 32 VNIT Nagpur 2011 Admissions | Cut-Offs, Ranks,Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion

This is a thread for VNIT Nagpur 2011 Admissions | Cut-Offs, Ranks,Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion

Click here for VNIT Nagpur 2012 Admissions 2012 | Cut - Offs

Hi FaaDoOs,

NIT Nagpur is one of the best NITs.

Here is some information about the college:

1. Year of establishment: June 1960(Earlier known as REC- Nagpur)
    : NIT- Nagpur (26 June 2002, Deemed University)
    2. Branch offered:

Civil Engineering
    Chemical Engineering
    Computer Science & Engineering
    Electronics & Communication Engineering
    Electrical Engineering
    Mechanical Engineering
    Metallurgical Engineering
    Mining Engineering

3. Hostel

The Institute has excellent residential facilities to cater to the needs of more than two thousand
    students. Each hostel has a telephone, T.V., Computer hall with internet connection, provision for
    indoor and outdoor games, water coolers, water heaters, and mess facilities. It is mandatory for
    hostel residents to join the mess, managed by the committee of student representatives. All
    hostel residents bear wages of the mess cooks, servants, helpers and cleaners. Ministerial
    assistance is provided by the Institute.
    No. of Boys Hostel:7
    No. of Girls Hostel:1

4.Placements
    Total Eligible Students: 341
    Total Students placed: 308
    Students with Dream Jobs: 113

5.Fees

Per Annum: Rs.41,535
    Hostel : Rs.20,100 for 1st semester students

6. Cutoffs
    FaaDoOs, I have the list of cutoffs for all branches, but it is too large to upload here....u can ask your queries and i ll answer them!

7.Ranking
    As per Outlook: 24

Go ahead!! Ask your queries......

i ll be getting a rank off abt 15k !! i m from gen catagory !! can i get a seat with mech ,ece,eee,cse ???

plzz do help!! thnk u !!

Hi Vamsi,

It is not possible to get admission in open category from AI rank in NIT Ngp...last rank was arnd 11800 in mining or meta..one of those.....

sorry....hope u get admission in some other good college....

wat other good coolleges can i end up getting in ??

Sir, with 200 marks in aieee 2011, can my child get a good branch in any of the NIT?

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

Sir, with 180 marks in iit 2011, can my child get any branch in any of the iit?

Quote Originally Posted by rajesh272 View Post
    Sir, with 200 marks in aieee 2011, can my child get a good branch in any of the NIT?

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

Sir, with 180 marks in iit 2011, can my child get any branch in any of the iit?
    Hello Rajesh,

This is the VNIT thread so i can answers queries only for VNIT. Which is your home state and category? I can only answer your query then....:Laie_69:
    Pl post all other AIEEE related general queries regarding cut offs in this thread: http://www.faadooengineers.com/threa...h-queries-here..

For IIT JEE related discussions, pl select the relevant IIT from the link and post your query :
    http://www.faadooengineers.com/forum...ted-Discussion

Re: VNIT Nagpur 2011 Admissions | Cut-Offs, Ranks,Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion

hi,i am getting 163 in aieee 2011,can i get civil or chemical in vnit nagpur under home state quota,i am from maharashtra.

Re: VNIT Nagpur 2011 Admissions | Cut-Offs, Ranks,Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by skk View Post
    hi,i am getting 163 in aieee 2011,can i get civil or chemical in vnit nagpur under home state quota,i am from maharashtra.
    Yes u ll surely.....but in later rounds....

i am expecting 165 marks .... i guess i will get only metallurgy in vnit nagpur as i am from UP... so i wanted to know about the faculty, infrastructure,placements etc. in metallurgy branch ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rohit Chandra View Post
    i am expecting 165 marks .... i guess i will get only metallurgy in vnit nagpur as i am from UP... so i wanted to know about the faculty, infrastructure,placements etc. in metallurgy branch ?
    hmm..you have a 50/50 chance of getting admission in Meta. in VNIT Nagpur. Let me give you some insight into our meta deptt.

Placements: The most important factor! Last year we placed 100% of all the eligible students...

Faculty: Almost all of them are experienced professors, having done their doctrate and/or Mtech from reputed colleges.

Infra: We have one of the most advanced Meta labs in the country!!

The only downside is..nagpur is too hot during the summers..so you will have to cope up with the seering heat!

getting 200 in aieee 2011.. general catrogory from maharashtra..
    can i get mechanical here?
    is there a basketball court in the campus?

Quote Originally Posted by proten View Post
    getting 200 in aieee 2011.. general catrogory from maharashtra..
    can i get mechanical here?
    is there a basketball court in the campus?
    F corse u can get!!!

U can expect to get admission in 3rd or later rounds!!!

as far as basketball court is concerned, it is definitely there!!! The institute has world class facilities!!! The college even has a basketball league!!

Quote Originally Posted by surajp View Post
    F corse u can get!!!

U can expect to get admission in 3rd or later rounds!!!

as far as basketball court is concerned, it is definitely there!!! The institute has world class facilities!!! The college even has a basketball league!!
    do u have any data regarding 2010 placements.. i mean highest and average salary for mechanical...??

Highest: Rs.10.5 lakhs
    Avg: - Rs. 3.8 lakhs

my friend is geting 160 marks.. maharashtra.. obc category..
    what all branches can he get..?? he is willing to wait till 5th round...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast