Close
Login to Your Account
Faadooengineers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MNNIT Allahabad 2011 Admission | Cut-Offs, Ranks,Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion

Favorite 32 MNNIT Allahabad 2011 Admission | Cut-Offs, Ranks,Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion

This is a thread for MNNIT Allahabad 2011 Admission | Cut-Offs, Ranks,Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion

FaaDoOs aspiring to get an admission into MNNIT, here's the place to discuss on how to do it!!!

About the College(as per college website)

Motilal Nehru National Institute Of Technology, Allahabad was formerly Motilal Nehru Regional Engineering College, Allahabad . It is an institute with total commitment to quality and excellence in academic pursuits, is among one of the leading institutes in INDIA and was established in year 1961 as a joint enterprise of Govt. of India and Govt. of U.P. in accordance with the scheme of establishment of REC. However with effect from June 26th of 2002 the college became deemed university and is now known as Motilal Nehru National Institute of technology.

The foundation stone of the college was laid by the first Prime Minister of India, Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru on the 3rd of may, 1961 on a site spreading over 222 acres on the banks of the river Ganga. The main building of college was inaugurated by another illustrious son of India, Prime Minister Sri Lal Bahadur Shastri on 18th of April, 1965.

The students are extensively exposed to cross-cultural environment as candidates from various other countries such as Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Mauritius, Malaysia, Iran, Yemen, Iraq, Palestine and Thailand also join MNNIT for various undergraduate and post-graduate programs.

MNNIT is fully residential institution with seven hostels for boys and two for girls. One hostel is exclusively for post graduate students.

Branches Offered

Biotechnology
    Chemical Engineering
    Civil Engineering
    Computer Science and Engineering
    Information Technology
    Electrical Engineering
    Electronics and Communication Engineering
    Mechanical Engineering
    Production and Industrial Engineering

Placements
    The college enjoys a 100% placement record for many years now!

Fees
    Tuition Fee: Rs. 22,850
    Hostel and Mess: Rs.8500

Cutoffs
    Most good branches are taken up by top 8k AIR....

any idea about last year cut offs for general category students from all India quote i.e. outside state

Quote Originally Posted by v p View Post
    any idea about last year cut offs for general category students from all India quote i.e. outside state
    Hi,

Last rank admitted was around AIR 26402 in Biotech. With the exception of Production Engineering which closed at around 13k, all others closed below 10k....

This data is for the 7th round.....

Re: MNNIT Allahabad 2011 Admission | Cut-Offs, Ranks,Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion

What about the cutoff for state rank ? I am expection around 3000 state rank , and am from UP ! So any chance of MNIT ?

Re: MNNIT Allahabad 2011 Admission | Cut-Offs, Ranks,Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by rads View Post
    What about the cutoff for state rank ? I am expection around 3000 state rank , and am from UP ! So any chance of MNIT ?
    Biotech is possible.....that too in 7th round....wouldnt advise u to take the risk though....

Hi...I am getting 204 marks in AIEEE and expecting around 6000 AIR .....I've got 3500 rank in VIT......I'm interested in Mechanical Engineering ..............
    Please guide me which college to join ........I've heard VIT's mech placement is better than MNNIT ....is that so??????????

Quote Originally Posted by SamAcc View Post
    Hi...I am getting 204 marks in AIEEE and expecting around 6000 AIR .....I've got 3500 rank in VIT......I'm interested in Mechanical Engineering ..............
    Please guide me which college to join ........I've heard VIT's mech placement is better than MNNIT ....is that so??????????
    Which state candidate are you? And which category?? Why are u only looking at MNNIT?

i am expecting a rank in the range 12-14k , i am from UP therefore i will get only chemical / biotech or industrial engg. in allahabad , i wanted to know about the faculty , placements etc. in these branches in mnnit... also if i have an option of industrail or chemical etc . in mnnit and electrical/civil in some other lower ranked nit which one to choose??

Quote Originally Posted by Rohit Chandra View Post
    i am expecting a rank in the range 12-14k , i am from UP therefore i will get only chemical / biotech or industrial engg. in allahabad , i wanted to know about the faculty , placements etc. in these branches in mnnit... also if i have an option of industrail or chemical etc . in mnnit and electrical/civil in some other lower ranked nit which one to choose??
    Hi Rohit,

With a 12k-14k rank u can expect to get IT also.....though in the 5th,6th or 7th round........

There is production and industrial engg here in MNNIT...This branch is as good as Chemical, its ur choice what u prefer.....placements are similar....so if u like production lines and manufacturing more, like to wrk with cars, scooters, etc then opt for production.....else go for chemical....

with 200 marks in 2011 aieee can i get mechancial or chemical here?? all india quota and general category...

Quote Originally Posted by proten View Post
    with 200 marks in 2011 aieee can i get mechancial or chemical here?? all india quota and general category...
    Chem, yes.....but not mech...

My air is 32000 and I belong to obc category....
    which branches can I expect...???

Quote Originally Posted by priya.y View Post
    My air is 32000 and I belong to obc category....
    which branches can I expect...???
    You cannot expect anything....maybe biotech in 5th round.....

How is the campus at Allahabad? How is the hostel life? (Am I posting in a wrong thread?)

Quote Originally Posted by roy_1016 View Post
    How is the campus at Allahabad? How is the hostel life? (Am I posting in a wrong thread?)
    If u wanna know about MNNIT Allahabad, this is the riht thread to post!

By campus do u mean facilities in campus or campus placement?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast