Close
Login to Your Account
Faadooengineers

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PEC Chandigarh 2011 Admission | Cut Offs, Ranks,Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion

Favorite 32 PEC Chandigarh 2011 Admission | Cut Offs, Ranks,Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion

Punjab Engineering College University of Technology aka PEC University of Technology is one of the best colleges in India. With numerous rankings from India Today, Outlook and others ranking it consistently in the top 15, PEC initially established in Lahore in 1921 and then in Roorkee in 1947 and finally in Chandigarh in 1954 has truly established its brand identity.

And I am very proud to be part of this historically significant institute!!!:tatice_06::tatice_06::tatice_06::tatice_06::tatice_06:

Admissions:
    Students must qualify in AIEEE to be eligible.
    Subsequently, the students must register themselves with the Joint Admission Committee for Chandigarh Engineering and Architecture Counseling for admission into at least 6 colleges in Chandigarh with PEC being one of them!

50% of the seats are reserved for Chandigarh candidates.

Fees
    Semester Fees : Rs.32,500
    Mess+Hostel Charges Extra

Branches Offered:
    1. Aerospace Engineering
    2 Civil Engineering
    3 Computer Science & Engineering
    4 Electrical Engineering
    5 Electronics & Electrical
    Communication
    6 Information Technology
    7 Mechanical Engineering
    8 Materials & Metallurgical Engineering
    9 Production Engineering

Placements
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PEC1.JPG 
Views:	392 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	2566
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PEC2.JPG 
Views:	338 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	2565

:Laie_69::Laie_69::Laie_69::Laie_69::Laie_69::Laie_69::Laie_69::Laie_69::Laie_69::Laie_69::Laie_69::Laie_69::Laie_69:

hello
    m gettting 160 mrx in aieee 2011
    m from chndigrh
    nd from genrl cat..
    can i get adm in pec??

Quote Originally Posted by ankit1993 View Post
    hello
    m gettting 160 mrx in aieee 2011
    m from chndigrh
    nd from genrl cat..
    can i get adm in pec??
    Hi Ankit,

With 160 marks your expected rank could be around AIR 15000.

You will get Meta for sure and also have an outside chance for Aeronautical, Production and Civil Engineering in that order.....with Civil being the most difficult to get.....:Laie_69:

ANY OTHER QUERIES?? Will be glad to answer :crigon_04::crigon_04:

heyy....
    thnx a lot..:-)
    nd if i get meta in pec...
    is thr any chnce of brnch chnge in 2nd year??
    if yes..thn wats d procedure??

Quote Originally Posted by ankit1993 View Post
    heyy....
    thnx a lot..:-)
    nd if i get meta in pec...
    is thr any chnce of brnch chnge in 2nd year??
    if yes..thn wats d procedure??
    Yes Ankit,

You can change your branch in second year.....The procedure is as per below:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The application for the change of branch may be made to Chairman, SUGC at the end of second semester. Following are the rules/guidelines for the branch change:
    (i) Such change will be considered only once at the end of the second semester.
    (ii) All students who have successfully completed the first two semesters with CGPA≥9.0 will be eligible for consideration for the change of branch subject to the availability of vacancy.
    (iii) In making a change of branch, the strength of a class should not go above the existing strength by more than ten percent.
    (iv) All such transfers can be effected only once at the beginning of the second academic year. No application for the change of branch during the subsequent academic years will be entertained.

:Laie_69::Laie_69:

Hi Sandy,
    I am expecting 187 marks in this yrs AIEEE.....which branch can I expect??? :Mauridia_02::Mauridia_02:

I'm expecting 182 in AIEEE 2011, can I get Mech Engg at PEC?

Quote Originally Posted by chiragdude View Post
    I'm expecting 182 in AIEEE 2011, can I get Mech Engg at PEC?
    HI Chirag,

PEC Mechanical for AI closes at around AIR 6000!!! With 182 marks you cant really expect much........all the best for this admission season dude!!!

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ayuboy View Post
    Hi Sandy,
    I am expecting 187 marks in this yrs AIEEE.....which branch can I expect??? :Mauridia_02::Mauridia_02:
    Hey Ayuboy,

You can expect to get Aeronautical, Production, Civil and Meta.........

am getting around 165 marks in AIEEE , rank may be around 14K though not sure, general category Delhi state, any chance in PEC, does one have to fill a form apart from AIEEE score

Quote Originally Posted by v p View Post
    am getting around 165 marks in AIEEE , rank may be around 14K though not sure, general category Delhi state, any chance in PEC, does one have to fill a form apart from AIEEE score
    Yes, u have chance but only for Meta.....

Also u need to fill another form....the notification of which will come in June.

FYR -
    Admissions:

Students must qualify in AIEEE to be eligible.
    Subsequently, the students must register themselves with the Joint Admission Committee for Chandigarh Engineering and Architecture Counseling for admission into at least 6 colleges in Chandigarh with PEC being one of them!

50% of the seats are reserved for Chandigarh candidates.

Re: PEC Chandigarh 2011 Admission | Cut Offs, Ranks,Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion

I am expecting around 200/360 in AIEEE 2011. Can i get anything in PEC. I am from Delhi, gen.

Re: PEC Chandigarh 2011 Admission | Cut Offs, Ranks,Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by S P Singh View Post
    I am expecting around 200/360 in AIEEE 2011. Can i get anything in PEC. I am from Delhi, gen.
    Hi SPS,

You can expect around 9000 rank.....

You can get Aeronautical, Civil, Production and Meta at this rank in PEC from AI quota........

i'm getting around 120-130 marks in aieee n from general cat. ... can i get admission in pec in aeronautical ... if not then what other branches?

Quote Originally Posted by sam123 View Post
    i'm getting around 120-130 marks in aieee n from general cat. ... can i get admission in pec in aeronautical ... if not then what other branches?
    Hey Sam,

Are u from Chandigarh??

If not then Aeronautical is not possible....also with Chandigarh quota its not possible.....

no m not frm chandigarh .. if not aero then which othr branch will i get?

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

no m not from chandigarh .. if not aero then which branch will i get?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast