Close
Login to Your Account
Faadooengineers

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NIT Trichy 2011 Admission | Cut Offs,Rank, Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion

Favorite 32 NIT Trichy 2011 Admission | Cut Offs,Rank, Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion

Yhis a thread for NIT Trichy 2011 Admission Discussion, Click here for NIT Trichy 2012 Admission Discussion http://www.faadooengineers.com/threa...hes-Discussion

Hey NIT Trichy aspirants........
    Lets discuss about the college in this thread.......

About the College:
    Best NIT as per various rankings in India consistently over a period of 10 years!!

The college was established in 1964 and was converted into an NIT in 2003 and alongwith it given a deemed university status.

The campus is a humungous 1100 acres and has the best in its class facilities!!

Student-Faculty ratio is 14:1

It offers the following branches to undergraduate students:
    Civil Engineering
    Computer Science & Engineering
    Electrical & Electronics Engineering
    Electronics & Communication Engineering
    Instrumentation & Control Engineering
    Mechanical Engineering
    Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
    Production Engineering
    Chemical Engineering

Cutoffs for Open Category for All India candidates in AIEEE were as follows - this data is for 2009:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nitt.JPG 
Views:	255 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	2567

Cut offs for other categories and for 2010 are available for individual queries.....

Placement and Fees Details will be provided in my next post!!!!

Last edited by rambler.trichy; 26th May 2011 at 02:57 PM.

OK i want to do CS... which is the better institution ... NIT trichy or NIT surathkal???
    oh another thing? is non-veg food served at the mess? how is the food at the mess?

NIT Trichy is definitely better!!

It has a better placement record and is ranked better than NIT Surathkal......

Students have a choice of both veg/nonveg, north/south indian food......Obviously the north indian fare isnt as good...but most students have no option!! The food is healthy and of good quality.....

Hey [MENTION=10958]rambler.trichy[/MENTION], I've scored 182/360 in AIEEE 2011, can I get a seat in Mechanical Engg in NIT Trichy? Also, what is the difference between Mechanical and Prod. Engineering? I've tried to know about it and as far as I know, they are 70% same, could you please confirm/deny the same? I'm GEN category from U.P.

Quote Originally Posted by chiragdude View Post
    Hey [MENTION=10958]rambler.trichy[/MENTION], I've scored 182/360 in AIEEE 2011, can I get a seat in Mechanical Engg in NIT Trichy? Also, what is the difference between Mechanical and Prod. Engineering? I've tried to know about it and as far as I know, they are 70% same, could you please confirm/deny the same? I'm GEN category from U.P.
    Hi Chirag,

With 182 marks it is not possible to NIT Trichy at all...not even by the 7th round.......

Diff between Mech and Prod: Production Engineering is a specialized field of mechanical engg. Its niche. Mechanical is more general. Production engineering grads end up only in production line jobs whereas mech guys can go anywhere.....

Actually, for Prod. Engineering, the AIR Closing was 15822 in 2010, by the 5th round. So, I am sure that I'd get it, but I'm desperate about getting Mechanical and that's not possible at Trichy. Do individual marks matter? I've got Phy : 79 Maths : 71 Chem : 32?

Quote Originally Posted by chiragdude View Post
    Actually, for Prod. Engineering, the AIR Closing was 15822 in 2010, by the 5th round. So, I am sure that I'd get it, but I'm desperate about getting Mechanical and that's not possible at Trichy. Do individual marks matter? I've got Phy : 79 Maths : 71 Chem : 32?
    Dude you had asked for mechanical engg and thats y i said u dont have a chance....fcorse u have a chance in production engg.....Also u are mistaken.....last rank in 2010 for AI quota for open category was AIR 17930....

And yes, individual marks dont matter...Its ur overall rank...

Admission in nit trichy

I am scoring 207 marks in aieee 2011.is there any chance of getting civil engineering in nit trichy? In which nit's can i get civil?

Quote Originally Posted by dhruv.027 View Post
    I am scoring 207 marks in aieee 2011.is there any chance of getting civil engineering in nit trichy? In which nit's can i get civil?
    Hi Dhruv,

Pl post in the correct thread in the future. Your thread has been merged with the main thread....

Quote Originally Posted by dhruv.027 View Post
    You can expect a rank of around AIR 7500. For this rank....you can expect to get civil in trichy by the 5th round if u r an outside TN candidate....

As far as other NITs are concerned....you can post in relevant threads of the college of your choice or post it here: http://www.faadooengineers.com/threa...h-queries-here..

Re: NIT Trichy 2011 Admission | Cut Offs,Rank, Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion

I wanted to know about the location of NIT Trichy.. the real reason behind this question is my aspiration to prepare for MBA ..
    If i want to join sum private classes for its preparation after 2nd year.. are they located in some 10km disatance from the campus...??

And what is better to choose in Trichy between civil and chemical..??
    Last edited by utshav; 24th May 2011 at 05:11 PM.

Re: NIT Trichy 2011 Admission | Cut Offs,Rank, Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by utshav View Post
    I wanted to know about the location of NIT Trichy.. the real reason behind this question is my aspiration to prepare for MBA ..
    If i want to join sum private classes for its preparation after 2nd year.. are they located in some 10km disatance from the campus...??

And what is better to choose in Trichy between civil and chemical..??
    Hi Utshav,

Even though the college is situated on the outskirts of the city, there are a lot of good coaching centers in the vicinity!!! So u can very well prepare for CAT here.....Also there are numerous others in the campus preparing for IIMs and every year lots of out batchmates end up in IIMs.....so dont worry.....

As far as which branch is better....well both are almost equally good.....both are having decent placements and faculty...it depends on ur interest.....and as such u wanna go for MBA so it doesnt really matter.....

Hi Chirag,

With 182 marks it is not possible to NIT Trichy at all...not even by the 7th round.......

Diff between Mech and Prod: Production Engineering is a specialized field of mechanical engg. Its niche. Mechanical is more general. Production engineering grads end up only in production line jobs whereas mech guys can go anywhere.....
    180/360 will get him an approx 12k rank in AIEEE this year. And the image in the main post says that civil closed at around 21k. So why will he not get it?
    Or am I missing something here?

Yes u r missing a point.....Chirag was asking about ONLY Mechanical Engg at NIT Trichy!!

Quote Originally Posted by rambler.trichy View Post
    Yes u r missing a point.....Chirag was asking about ONLY Mechanical Engg at NIT Trichy!!
    Whoops, got mixed up between the Mech and Civil

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast