Close
Login to Your Account
Faadooengineers

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DCE/DTU Delhi 2011 Admission | Cut Offs,Rank, Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion

Junior FaaDoO Engineer
    Blog Entries

Favorite 32 DCE/DTU Delhi 2011 Admission | Cut Offs,Rank, Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion

This is a thread for DCE 2011 Admissions Click here for DTU 2012 Admissions http://www.faadooengineers.com/threa...hes-Discussion

FaaDoooooos,
    Delhi College of Engineering recently rechristened Delhi Technological University has been churning out super engineers from a long time now.....If you are looking to take admission to this prestigious college and have queries, this is the place to ask!!!!:Laie_69:

But before any queries.......let me give u some info about this studmaxxxx of a college!!!

About the College ( as per college website):
    With a history stretching back over 65 years, providing technical education within a modern educational environment and strong academic staff, DCE is strongly identified with engineering education in India. Since its inception and foundation, DCE has constantly lead the way in reform movements, and in the latter era of the Republic of India, DCE has assumed pivotal roles in the reconstruction, modernization, and administration of the society. The efforts and expertise of DCE graduates have been major contributors in the planning and construction of India's infrastructure.
    DCE is an insitution which defines and continues to update methods of engineering and architecture in India. It provides its students with modern educational facilities while retaining traditional values, as well as using its strong industrial contacts to mold young, talented individuals who can compete in the global arena.The aim of DCE is to rank among leading universities globally. Consequently, DCE ís mission is to educate individuals to be competitive not only in India, but all over the world. Within an intensely competitive environment, the college has adopted a dynamic, global, high-quality, creative and communicative approach in education, as well as research and development.
    Keeping abreast with modern developments, DCE is constantly restructuring itself and renovating its physical infrastructure as well as its research and education facilities.

Ranking:

Regularly ranked as one of the top 15 colleges in India for almost 3 decades now!!

Placements

DCE holds the record for the hghest placement ever in an engineering college with a student being offered Rs.40 lakhs package!!!

Avg: 5.3 Lakhs
    Max:40 Lakhs
    Min: 2.64 lakhs

Admission Process:
    As per AIEEE rank.

85% seats reserved for Delhi students.
    15% seats open fr all india candidates.

This year process will start on 7th June.

Fees
    Payable at time of admission: INR 27,500

Cutoffs
    Since this will be the first year when students will be recruited from AIEEE, nothing much can be said except that cutoffs will be very high....maybe higher than NIT Trichy!! :ignat_02::ignat_02::ignat_02::ignat_02:

NOW TIME FOR QUERIES!!!

Last edited by faadoo.nitika; 8th May 2012 at 12:48 PM.

Any gusses abt the cut-offs of branch like polymer science ???
    can they get around 8000 AIR??

Junior FaaDoO Engineer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by utshav View Post
    Any gusses abt the cut-offs of branch like polymer science ???
    can they get around 8000 AIR??
    Looking at demand of polymer engg.....only one good college offers the branch ie BIT Mesra. The ranking of BIT Mesra and DTU are almost the same. So the AI ranks can also be expected to be on similar lines.....I expect AIR 9k-11k to be the cutoff for polymer in first round.......this is just a logical inference....actual cutoffs might differ.......

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

between which state/category do u belong to? and how much are u expecting?

I belong to Maharashtra..
    I m expecting between 8000-9000 rank in AIEEE dis year..
    I dont kno if i will be able to get in dce considering the 85% home and 15% outside quota..
    And is polymer engg really in a good demand ?? (i kno that its cut offs are low ...but i m shocked)..
    wat do u think.... if i m getting that should i take it without a second thought..??

Junior FaaDoO Engineer
    Blog Entries
    I belong to Maharashtra..
    I m expecting between 8000-9000 rank in AIEEE dis year..
    I dont kno if i will be able to get in dce considering the 85% home and 15% outside quota..
    And is polymer engg really in a good demand ?? (i kno that its cut offs are low ...but i m shocked)..
    wat do u think.... if i m getting that should i take it without a second thought..??
    Yes the 85-15 rule might be a dampner.....but I still believe u ll get the branch......if not in 1st round then in 2nd or 3rd round surely...

now as far as polymer is concerned its a good branch but very niche in nature....also most ppl end in research and scope in india is highly limited. That explains the lower cutoffs.....students want more open ended streams......in class 12th u r not in a position to decide what u really want from ur career and where u want ur career......so it makes sense to go for more core branches......which u can easily get in a good NIT...why run after a not-so-good branch in DCE!

I ll suggest u ask ur queries on the official AIEEE thread and i am sure u ll get good guidance....

I dont kno if this might annoy u..but i m running after DCE because of its brand value and location factor ...
    on their website quotes the branch name as " polymer science and chemical technology " ... and i may be wrong but i first thought that this branch is the same as chemical engg + sum added concepts of polymer technology.. Am i wrong ??

i checked the NITS cut-offs 2010 and
    I m getting
    1> CS in NIT calicut
    2> Electrical and electronic in NIT calicut (my preffered branch... i fear going south )
    3> Information technology in NIT surathkal
    4> Chemical in all these NITs and in NIT trichy and Warangal

which of these acording to u is best suited??( though i actully wanted to go for DCE )

And i really appreciate your help and guidance not for me but for every student around.. it certainly relaxes our minds till the results are out...
    Thanks

Junior FaaDoO Engineer
    Blog Entries
    I dont kno if this might annoy u..but i m running after DCE because of its brand value and location factor ...
    on their website quotes the branch name as " polymer science and chemical technology " ... and i may be wrong but i first thought that this branch is the same as chemical engg + sum added concepts of polymer technology.. Am i wrong ??

i checked the NITS cut-offs 2010 and
    I m getting
    1> CS in NIT calicut
    2> Electrical and electronic in NIT calicut (my preffered branch... i fear going south )
    3> Information technology in NIT surathkal
    4> Chemical in all these NITs and in NIT trichy and Warangal

which of these acording to u is best suited??( though i actully wanted to go for DCE )

And i really appreciate your help and guidance not for me but for every student around.. it certainly relaxes our minds till the results are out...
    Thanks
    Hey I am not at all annoyed...We are here to help you.....so we really dont mind u asking as many questions as possible.:ignat_02:

Yes, u are a little mistaken - The branch is not Chemical Engineering but very different from that. Its more of Polymer Science here and it is quite niche......It is not the normal Chem branch and the placements are also not at par with IITs or other good colleges that offer Chem even though DCE is as good as any IIT in terms of placements......So i guess that resolves ur first query......

As fas as the brand of DCE is concerned u can get very good NITs which are equally good brands.

You rightly pointed out that u can get Chemical in NIT Trichy or Warangal!!! Dude,go for that instead of polymer in DCE!!! Both these colleges are as big as DCE in terms of brand and u also get Chemical which seems to be the brand of your choice to me.

And if wanna do CS, then boss go for NIT Calicut irrespective of it being south!! its your career at stake here!!

If i was in your shoes....and i wanted chemical, then i ll go for NIT Trichy here.......y dont u post in NIT Trichy thread......Rambler my dear frnd will be able to guide u there!! :tatice_06::tatice_06:

HOPE I HAVE MANAGED TO CALM YOUR NERVES!!! :l_Pocket_PC::l_Pocket_PC:

Re: DCE/DTU Delhi 2011 Admission | Cut Offs,Rank, Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion

with 200 in aieee can i get any branch in dce?? maharashtra general category..
    does DCE provide m.tech in nuclear engg.??
    Last edited by proten; 30th May 2011 at 03:42 PM.

Junior FaaDoO Engineer
    Blog Entries

Re: DCE/DTU Delhi 2011 Admission | Cut Offs,Rank, Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by proten View Post
    with 200 in aieee can i get any branch in dce?? maharashtra general category..
    does DCE provide m.tech in nuclear engg.??
    You cant expect to get any good branch in DTU...maybe very poor branches like polymer and engg physics.....

And DCE has no program for M.Tech in Nuclear Engg

I've got a rank of 20893 in AIEEE 2011. Should I even bother applying to DCE? I'm from Mumbai, Gen category.

Quote Originally Posted by rutvi View Post
    I've got a rank of 20893 in AIEEE 2011. Should I even bother applying to DCE? I'm from Mumbai, Gen category.
    Dont bother to apply!!!! Almost 0% chance....

9176 air , non delhi candidate ......... any chance . which branch if yes !!!????

Junior FaaDoO Engineer
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dicap View Post
    9176 air , non delhi candidate ......... any chance . which branch if yes !!!????
    No chance [MENTION=7308]dicap[/MENTION].......only 15% seats for Outside Delhi......and even if there is chance it will be for "not-so-good" branches......u can get better branches in NITs elsewhere.....which state candidate are u??

i have got air rank 7885 and delhi state rank 769
    can i get ece in dce/dtu???????

I'm from UP ..... and i too thought so , was just double checking , thanks anyways

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast