Close
Login to Your Account
Faadooengineers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: COE, Anna University 2011 Admission, Cutoff, Ranking, Placements, Fees - Discussion

Favorite 32 COE, Anna University 2011 Admission, Cutoff, Ranking, Placements, Fees - Discussion

Hi FaaDoOs!!!!

This is Krishnan Ramakumar Babu, an alumnus of this college and now working with Hewlett Packard since one year.....
    :tatice_06::tatice_06::tatice_06::tatice_06:

Here are few details about the admission to the college:

Admission Procedure:
    Admissions are based on entrance tests conducted by state and central governments for government approved seats while a Common Entrance Test (CET) determines management quota seats

The Entrance test conducted by State is called TNPCEE, while the admission is also taken based on the rank obtained in AIEEE exam.

Tamil Nadu Professional Courses Entrance Examinations (TNPCEE) is an entry level test conducted by Anna University, Chennai on behalf of the Government of Tamil Nadu for candidates who seek admission to all Professional Courses in Tamil Nadu. Besides Anna University there are many participating institutes of TNPCEE.

So, if you want admission in Anna University, you have to obtain a good rank in AIEEE and TNPCEE.

There will be quota for other states too.

Placements
    Placements are simply awesome in our college....My HP job is proof of that :ghz_01:....And I was just an average student!!!

On a serious note.....below stats should make things more clear....\
    Average: 3.2 lakhs
    Max: 11.33 lakhs
    Min: 2.75 lakhs

% students placed: 79%

Ranking
    No.10 as per latest outlook rankings.......but i think we are much better than some other IITs!!!

Cut Offs
    A student from general category from Chennai must have a rank of atleast 20000 in TNEA to qualify for a low branch like civil. Details available on individual queries.....

Braches Offered

• Civil Engineering
    • Computer Science and Engineering
    • Geo-Informatics
    • Electrical and Electronics
    • Electronics and communication Engineering
    • Mechanical Engineering
    • Industrial Engineering
    • Manufacturing Engineering
    • Printing Technology
    • Mining Engineering
    • Information Technology
    • Material science and Engineering
    • Agricultural and Irrigation Engineering

Address
    College of Engineering Anna University
    Sardar Patel Road
    Guindy
    Chennai 600 025
    Phone : 044 - 22351723,22351126
    Fax : 091-44-22301357
    Email : [email protected]
    Web address http://www.annauniv.edu/ceg/

NOW TIME FOR QUERIES!!!:ignat_02::ignat_02:

what rank off aieee (air) is required to get into it ??

Quote Originally Posted by vamsi View Post
    what rank off aieee (air) is required to get into it ??
    I ll try to contact my frnds who have taken admission thru AI quota......I guess the rank required in AIEEE would be around 10-12k for CEG...

ooh !! if u get to know anything exactly ~~ please inform ~!!! thnk uu !!

ooh !! if u get to know anything exactly ~~ please inform ~!!! thnk uu !!
    Hey Vamsi,

I have been trying hard to get details for u.....but all i have managed to know is that if u r an AI candidate then u need atleast a rank of 12000 AIR to have any chances of getting into CEG.....

oohh !!! cant i get into it with a rank offf 15k !! intoo so0me branches ?

what is the admission procedure to get admitted to college of engg anna unversity for outside state quota...??
    i reffered to its website but it was of no use..
    there are no forms available there...??

how to go about it ... can i get some phone number to contact the unversity office...??

oohh !!! cant i get into it with a rank offf 15k !! intoo so0me branches ?
    Hi Vamsi,

With a rank of 15k it is very difficult to get into CEG.....Sorry about that

Quote Originally Posted by utshav View Post
    what is the admission procedure to get admitted to college of engg anna unversity for outside state quota...??
    i reffered to its website but it was of no use..
    there are no forms available there...??

how to go about it ... can i get some phone number to contact the unversity office...??
    Hi Utshav,

You need to fill the TNEA form for outside TN/other state quota seats. The notification for the same is yet to come out. There are hardly 49 seats in CEG for Outside candidates. And out of that only 25 for general category....

Forms will be available soon.

Between what rank are u expecting in AIEEE?

Re: College of Engineering, Anna University 2011 Admission | Cut Offs,Ranking,Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion

I m expecting around 8000-8500 ... should i fill it then??

Re: College of Engineering, Anna University 2011 Admission | Cut Offs,Ranking,Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion

I m expecting around 8000-8500 ... should i fill it then??
    Well my guess is u can try, no harm in filling the form....it ll not cost much.....u might have a slight chance....

what are the cut offs of electrical and electronics and information technology..??

what are the cut offs of electrical and electronics and information technology..??
    Hey Utshav,
    All the above close below AIR 1500, only a branch like Agriculture will find a ranker like AIR 8000-10000 as a taker......

wat is the admission procedure for anna university???

Re: COE, Anna University 2011 Admission, Cutoff, Ranking, Placements, Fees - Discussi

i have that they take admission through marks obtained in board examinations is it true?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast