Closed Thread
    Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
      Sr. FaaDoO Engineer
      City
      Pilani
      Likes Gifted
      Groans Gifted
      Groans Received

Favorite 32 BITS Pilani 2011 Admission | Cut Offs,Rank, Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion

BITS Pilani btech admission 2014, cutoff, fee, placements, hostel,campus facilities Click Here:

This thread is for BITS Pilan 2011 Admission, Cutoff discussions, click here for BITS Pilani 2012 Discussion

Sponsored Ads

Hi Friends,

This is Vishal from BITS Pilani and I am here to answer ur queries regarding BITS Pilani admissions for 2011-2015 batch.

You guys can ask me anything from hostel facilities to placements and much more!!! But before that a sneak peak at my college!
      :ghz_01:

Placements
      Avg Salary: 4.8 lakhs
      Min: 2.9 lakhs
      Max: 22 lakhs
      College has 98% placement for last year!!!

Branches Offered
      B.E. (HONS) CHEMICAL ENGINEERING
      B.E. (HONS) CIVIL ENGINEERING
      B.E. (HONS) COMPUTER SCIENCE
      B.E. (HONS) ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
      B.E. (HONS) ELECTRONICS AND INSTRUMENTATION ENGINEERING
      B.E. (HONS) MECHANICAL ENGINEERING

Cutoffs
      There is no quota system in BITS....

Last rank admitted through BITSAT was around 350.

Fees
      Fee/semester is Rs.62500 and admission fees chargeable is Rs.16500.

Hostel Facilities

The institute is fully residential and hostel accommodation is provided to all students. Permission to become day-scholar may be granted only under exceptional circumstances where student's parents or close relatives are residents of Pilani. There are 11 hostels for boys and one hostel complex for girls.
      There is a common kitchen cum mess unit for every set of two hostels. Each unit of the mess has a vegetarian and a non-vegetarian section under the management of different students committees. The girls hostel, however, has a separate mess of its own, situated within the boundary of the hostel. Students staying in the hostel have to necessarily take their food in the Hostel Messes. The messes attached to hostels are fully managed by the students. Every inmate of the hostel is provided with necessary furniture and every room has a ceiling fan. Each hostel is equipped with solar water heating systems. Common room facilities with Cable TV and telephone are available in each hostel. All inmates of the hostels have to observe prescribed rules. There are some special rules for the girls' hostel.
      The increasing number of girls being admitted to the Institute in the last few years has resulted in a transient shortage of accommodation in the girls' hostel. New blocks are being added to the hostel. It may be necessary to put two or three girls in a room until more accommodation is available.

Ranking
      Ranked at no.6 as per latest Outlook rankings

Address
      Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS, Pilani)
      Vidya Vihar Campus
      Pilani
      Rajasthan
      PIN Code - 333031
      INDIA

Switch Board / Exchange 91 01596 245073/4
      Fax 91 01596 244183

Web address http://bits-pilani.ac.in

QUERIES ARE WELCOME

Last edited by ajaytopgun; 30th June 2014 at 04:39 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users LIKE this post from bitsian_vishal:

dkmalik (17th August 2011), nikitha (20th May 2011)

Junior FaaDoO Engineer
      City
      Gurgaon
      Likes Gifted
      Groans Gifted
      Groans Received
      Thanks for info. My score for 2011 admission is 285, is there a hope for dual degree, why does cut off for dual is lower generally, does it make sense to join dual at Pilani vs getting some stream at Hyderabad campus in your view

Sr. FaaDoO Engineer
      City
      Pilani
      Likes Gifted
      Groans Gifted
      Groans Received
      Quote Originally Posted by v p View Post
      Thanks for info. My score for 2011 admission is 285, is there a hope for dual degree, why does cut off for dual is lower generally, does it make sense to join dual at Pilani vs getting some stream at Hyderabad campus in your view
      VP,
      You do have an outside chance of making it to the dual degree program.

The cut offs are lower due to (1)lower awareness (2) A lot of ppl plan to do post grad from US, etc...and hence dont want an extra yr in India.

My view is u must at all costs prefer the Pilani campus!!! Its the best....and the oldest and the best minds join this campus....the quality of ideas and time is a notch higher!

Fuchcha FaaDoO Engineer
      City
      Ranchi
      Likes Gifted
      Groans Gifted
      Groans Received

Re: BITS Pilani 2011 Admission | Cut Offs,Rank, Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion

Hey Vishal, I appeared in this year's BITSAT and my score is 290. I'm very much interested in the M.Sc. Maths course, knowing that the B.E. courses would probably not be available to me. Can I possibly hope of getting into the Pilani campus?

Sr. FaaDoO Engineer
      City
      Pilani
      Likes Gifted
      Groans Gifted
      Groans Received

Re: BITS Pilani 2011 Admission | Cut Offs,Rank, Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by I'm confused! View Post
      Hey Vishal, I appeared in this year's BITSAT and my score is 290. I'm very much interested in the M.Sc. Maths course, knowing that the B.E. courses would probably not be available to me. Can I possibly hope of getting into the Pilani campus?
      Mr.Confused,

Last two yrs M.Sc Maths closed at 296 and 293 marks........Looking at the data......u are on the edge......All the best.....

Any other subjects interest u??

Fuchcha FaaDoO Engineer
      City
      Ranchi
      Likes Gifted
      Groans Gifted
      Groans Received

Not really.. Is there anything like second and third counsellings? I mean, is there any chance of getting M.Sc. Maths eventually? Or should I go for Goa campus?

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

And it is 'Ms.', by the way..

Sr. FaaDoO Engineer
      City
      Pilani
      Likes Gifted
      Groans Gifted
      Groans Received

Quote Originally Posted by I'm confused! View Post
      Not really.. Is there anything like second and third counsellings? I mean, is there any chance of getting M.Sc. Maths eventually? Or should I go for Goa campus?

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

And it is 'Ms.', by the way..
      Oops!!! Sorry for the typo....

So Ms.Confused,
      The figures I have given are as per the last round only.....You can go for Goa campus.......Enjoy the natural beauty for the next 4 yrs of ur life Its a gr8 place to be!!!

Fuchcha FaaDoO Engineer
      City
      Ranchi
      Likes Gifted
      Groans Gifted
      Groans Received

Ok, thanks, then..

Fuchcha FaaDoO Engineer
      City
      Delhi
      Likes Gifted
      Groans Gifted
      Groans Received

Hi
      I am Rishab and I am getting a Bitsat score of 350...Do you think i would be able to get CS in Bits Pilani.........and what is the expected salary after completing B.Tech course in CS from Bits Pilani.

Sr. FaaDoO Engineer
      City
      Pilani
      Likes Gifted
      Groans Gifted
      Groans Received

Quote Originally Posted by rishab007 View Post
      Hi
      I am Rishab and I am getting a Bitsat score of 350...Do you think i would be able to get CS in Bits Pilani.........and what is the expected salary after completing B.Tech course in CS from Bits Pilani.
      Rishabh, there is a 95% chance of you getting CS in pilani. I am saying this based on last years cutoff data that i have.

Moreover, just dont worry at all about the salaries. If you are motivated enough during your 4 faadoo years, then you have a chance of landing up a job with any of the IT bigwigs like Microsoft, yahoo, google, mcaffe, etc all which visit our campus.

As far as salaries are concerned, you can see from my first post we have a decent avg salary of 5 LPA and a max of 22 lpa for last years batch. So theres no limit really on salaries if you are motivated enough to learn..

Also, just in case you miss out on CS in Pilani, are you open to CS in Goa??

12. The Following User LIKES this post from bitsian_vishal:

rishab007 (28th May 2011)

Fuchcha FaaDoO Engineer
      City
      Delhi
      Likes Gifted
      Groans Gifted
      Groans Received

Quote Originally Posted by bitsian_vishal View Post
      Rishabh, there is a 95% chance of you getting CS in pilani. I am saying this based on last years cutoff data that i have.

Moreover, just dont worry at all about the salaries. If you are motivated enough during your 4 faadoo years, then you have a chance of landing up a job with any of the IT bigwigs like Microsoft, yahoo, google, mcaffe, etc all which visit our campus.

As far as salaries are concerned, you can see from my first post we have a decent avg salary of 5 LPA and a max of 22 lpa for last years batch. So theres no limit really on salaries if you are motivated enough to learn..

Also, just in case you miss out on CS in Pilani, are you open to CS in Goa??
      If I don't get CS in Bits Pilani then I would either take Electrical and Electronics in Bits Pilani or I would take up CS in NSIT and then continue my IIT preparation for next year......I have studied a lot for IIT but my first paper really went bad and I have secured an AIR of 4680.....and I am expecting my AIEEE rank of around 1000...but I don't want to take Bits Goa....what do you suggest?

Sr. FaaDoO Engineer
      City
      Pilani
      Likes Gifted
      Groans Gifted
      Groans Received

Quote Originally Posted by rishab007 View Post
      If I don't get CS in Bits Pilani then I would either take Electrical and Electronics in Bits Pilani or I would take up CS in NSIT and then continue my IIT preparation for next year......I have studied a lot for IIT but my first paper really went bad and I have secured an AIR of 4680.....and I am expecting my AIEEE rank of around 1000...but I don't want to take Bits Goa....what do you suggest?
      At an AIEEE rank of 1000, you should easily get CS in both NSIT and DTU.

And if you want to take up CS, go for CS, dont go for any other branch, coz whatever branch you take up now, you will be in that field only for your entire life.

NSIT & DTU are equally good colleges and provide ample opportunities to its students.

BTW, are you a Delhi state candidate??

Fuchcha FaaDoO Engineer
      City
      Delhi
      Likes Gifted
      Groans Gifted
      Groans Received

Quote Originally Posted by bitsian_vishal View Post
      At an AIEEE rank of 1000, you should easily get CS in both NSIT and DTU.

And if you want to take up CS, go for CS, dont go for any other branch, coz whatever branch you take up now, you will be in that field only for your entire life.

NSIT & DTU are equally good colleges and provide ample opportunities to its students.

BTW, are you a Delhi state candidate??

Yes ,I am a Delhi state candidate

Fuchcha FaaDoO Engineer
      City
      Delhi
      Likes Gifted
      Groans Gifted
      Groans Received

hey vishal, i m geting a score of 310 in bitsat.....i m thinking of either civil or chemical in pilani.........what r d chances of geting them and is bits goa better or at par with differnt nits nd dce etc

Sr. FaaDoO Engineer
      City
      Pilani
      Likes Gifted
      Groans Gifted
      Groans Received

Hey Rahul..you got a decent enough score and have a 95% chance of getting a civil or chemical in pilani.

Moreover, as i have mentioned in my above posts also, BIT Pilani Goa Campus, is also a good insti for engineering because of the fact that it has a great campus, facilities, faculty and that you get the same degree as pilani campus. Coz, the goa campus is not a separate entity but a sister insti. of the Pilani campus. Similarly you have BITS Pilani Hyd. campus.

As far as NITs and NSIT, DCE are concerned, you have a good chance in NSIT & DCE if you are a delhi candidate and score well in AIEEE.

The top NITs, DCE, NSIT, BITS Pilani Goa, all of them are very good insti. in their own right...

BTW what branch are you interested in?? Coz then i can guide you in a better way...

Closed Thread
    Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast