Close
Login to Your Account
Faadooengineers

Thread: Background images for pendrive

Background images for pendrive

I suppose we all have tried to give background images to our desktop folders. How about setting the same background to our USB devices (Pen drive, Portable Hard Disks etc.) as well? That background image will be seen on every computer you plug in that USB device.[its Works in XP]

It’s really a 3 step process. Let’s begin:-

1.) Copy Paste the following code in the notepad and rename that notepad file to desktop.ini (Just make sure when you paste this code, the Double Quotes are in Notepad format otherwise type the Double quotes manually from your keyboard.)

[{BE098140-A513-11D0-A3A4-00C04FD706EC}]

iconarea_image=“back.jpg”

iconarea_text=”0xFFFFFF”

2.) Choose any image of your choice and rename it to back.jpg

3.) Copy Paste both these files (i.e. desktop.ini and back.jpg) into your USB device and make them hidden by selecting Properties -> Hidden Files.

That’s it. You are done.

Just REFRESH your screen and you will see your image on background.

Quote Originally Posted by vinsocorp View Post
    I suppose we all have tried to give background images to our desktop folders. How about setting the same background to our USB devices (Pen drive, Portable Hard Disks etc.) as well? That background image will be seen on every computer you plug in that USB device.[its Works in XP]

It’s really a 3 step process. Let’s begin:-

1.) Copy Paste the following code in the notepad and rename that notepad file to desktop.ini (Just make sure when you paste this code, the Double Quotes are in Notepad format otherwise type the Double quotes manually from your keyboard.)

[{BE098140-A513-11D0-A3A4-00C04FD706EC}]

iconarea_image=“back.jpg”

iconarea_text=”0xFFFFFF”

2.) Choose any image of your choice and rename it to back.jpg

3.) Copy Paste both these files (i.e. desktop.ini and back.jpg) into your USB device and make them hidden by selecting Properties -> Hidden Files.

That’s it. You are done.

Just REFRESH your screen and you will see your image on background.

Hi Vinsocorp,

Nothing is happening in my pen drive...

Re: Background images for pendrive

@ayuboy : notable things 1. when you copy this code to notepad please edit manually double Quotes...
    2. paste both desktop.ini and images in pendrive ...image has same name what u used in code..
    3.i dont know what os u are using..if using xp its works...