Close
Login to Your Account
Faadooengineers

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: IIIT Allahabad 2011 Admission | Cut Offs,Rank, Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion

Favorite 32 IIIT Allahabad 2011 Admission | Cut Offs,Rank, Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion

IIIT Allahabad admission 2014, cut off, fee, placements, hostel, campus facilities
    This is a thread for IIIT Allahabad 2011 Admissions Discussion, Click here for IIIT Allahabad 2012 Admissions, Cutoffs Discussions

Faadoos............this is Naman from IIIT Allahabad. Will be answering ur queries for my college.......

About the College

The Indian Institute of Information Technology Allahabad (IIIT-A) was established in 1999, as a center of excellence in Information Technology and allied areas. The institute was conferred the "Deemed University" status by Govt. of India in the year 2000. The Institute thus became empowered to have a perpetual seal and award degrees subsequent to the conduct of its own examinations.

The Institute has been conceived with the ambitious objectives of developing professional expertise and skilled manpower in Information Technology (IT) and related areas. This will enable the country to exploit efficiently emerging opportunities, and meet economic challenges being thrown up by the rapid global IT revolution, which is influencing virtually every area of development and social activity. As an apex nucleating institute in the area of IT, the establishment of IIIT-A, is a major step of Govt. of India towards strengthening the indigenous capability necessary for exploiting profitably and harnessing multi-dimensional facets of IT at all levels, and attaining expertise to enable the country to emerge as a leading player in the global arena.

Placements
    Avg: 5.35 lakhs
    Highest : 13.5 lakhs
    All top recruiters like Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, Adobe visit the campus!

Fees
    At the time of admission: Rs.28,500

Ranking
    IIIT ALLAHABAD RANKED 8TH BY INDIA TODAY.

It has been ranked 8th after the seven IIT's. The most important fact to be considered is that IIIT-A is the youngest institute to be included in India Today's top 10 ranking. It was established just 8 years ago in 1999.

Last year also IIIT Allahabad was ranked 11th by Nasscom-Dataquest ranking and was ranked 4th by the same in Placements.

Address:

IIIT Allahabad
    Deoghat, Jhalwa
    Allahabad, India 211012
    Phone: 91-532-2922000
    Fax: 91-532-2430006
    Email: [email protected]
    Web address http://www.iiita.ac.in/

Year of estabilishment: 1999 (Indian Institute of Information Technology)
    :2000 (Deemed University)
    Branch Offered

• Electronics and communication Engineering
    • Information Technology

Cut Offs

Opening Rank: AIR 109
    Closing Rank: AIR 14757

NOW TIME FOR QUERIES!!!
    :Laie_69::Laie_69::Laie_69::Laie_69:

Last edited by ajaytopgun; 11th July 2014 at 10:49 AM.

Re: IIIT Allahabad 2011 Admission | Cut Offs,Rank, Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion

i am expecting a rank in the range 12-14k in aieee , can i get IT this year i mean considering last years cutoffs i will get it but do u think this year also cutoffs will remain the same ? Till which round of counselling should i wait and expect a seat in IIIT ?

Re: IIIT Allahabad 2011 Admission | Cut Offs,Rank, Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Rohit Chandra View Post
    i am expecting a rank in the range 12-14k in aieee , can i get IT this year i mean considering last years cutoffs i will get it but do u think this year also cutoffs will remain the same ? Till which round of counselling should i wait and expect a seat in IIIT ?
    Hey Rohit,

Cant really bet on u getting IT....in 2009 it closed above 12k.......so its touch and go......u can only expect a seat in the later rounds like 5th,6th or 7th....

wat about the amethi campus? how are the placements there?

IIIT-Allahabad campus and IIIT-amethi campus are in different cities..Let me make a few things clear here--

1. Facilities in Amethi are not good...because it is very far away from the control of admnistration i.e IIIT-main campus allahabad...

2. Same teachers are teaching in amethi as well as allahabad campus

3. Main campus provides transport service from amethi to allahabad...so teachers from our campus go to amethi as per schedule...

4. Mess is very bad at amethi..and also it is located at a very uncomfortable location.

5. End sem paper and mid sem paper is same for both campus..

6. You have to stay in amethi for 3 years...i.e till your third year..in final year you will come to our campus i.e allahabad...you will stay in Hostel at main campus..

7. Your placement will be from main campus...you will also get same chance as we are getting for placement..It's upto you how you perform....

All good pointers from Amethi have got good placement..but the lower guys didn't get good job....

Some more info About IIITA main campus

1.Excellent hostel,mess,internet,gym,swimming pool,sports ground,transport.

2.Excellent placement,faculty.

3..Two professor from our college were invited as guest lecture in MIT....

And yes rohit..at your rank you can get Amethi campus...

ok so if there is a choice between IT in MNNIT and IIIT (amethi) what would u prefer?

Quote Originally Posted by Rohit Chandra View Post
    ok so if there is a choice between IT in MNNIT and IIIT (amethi) what would u prefer?
    Well thats a no-brainer dude..

Go for MNNIT Allahabad any day over IIIT Amethi. Simply because, you will get a better campus, better hostel and a better city to spend the most important 4 years of your life..

got a rank of 9176 , and from UP , so can i expect admn in IIIT-A and if yes then in which round !!??

Quote Originally Posted by dicap View Post
    got a rank of 9176 , and from UP , so can i expect admn in IIIT-A and if yes then in which round !!??
    U can expect to get it in the 4th or 5th round....both the branches will be up for grabs!!

AIR 36993
    AIR cat 8136
    any chances of getting admn in IIIT-A using cat rank

Quote Originally Posted by c.pruthvi View Post
    AIR 36993
    AIR cat 8136
    any chances of getting admn in IIIT-A using cat rank
    which category are u talking about??SC??

I am getting air 6780.(open)............iiit allahabad vs. vnit mech?

Quote Originally Posted by karash View Post
    I am getting air 6780.(open)............iiit allahabad vs. vnit mech?
    How can u compare ECE/IT with Mech...both are two different world's! U shud select what u r interested in...both have very good placements....and if Nagpur is ur home city, then go for VNIT....

I,m an OBC candidate

Quote Originally Posted by c.pruthvi View Post
    I,m an OBC candidate
    U dont really have a chance.....maybe 7th round...but it closed 3000 ranks above urs last time......so cant really bet on it!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast