Sristi 2014 Fest kits Warangal | Accolade 15 Cultural Fest Pantnagar | Zest 2015 Sports Festival College Of Engineering Pune | Vision Connect National Youth Summit-2015 Dit University | INTERFACE 2K15 | iPDC-Techkriti-2015 | CIT INTERFACE 15 |
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Junior FaaDoO Engineer
    City
    Hyderabad/Secundrabad
    Likes Gifted
    Groans Gifted
    Groans Received

Re: IIIT Allahabad 2011 Admission | Cut Offs,Rank, Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion

Hello....
    My air is 32000... and I belong to obc category..???
    Do I have chances of getting IT...??
    and what are the placements in IT branch in IIIt allahabad....???

Sponsored Ads

Junior FaaDoO Engineer
    City
    Allahabad
    Likes Gifted
    Groans Gifted
    Groans Received

Re: IIIT Allahabad 2011 Admission | Cut Offs,Rank, Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by priya.y View Post
    Hello....
    My air is 32000... and I belong to obc category..???
    Do I have chances of getting IT...??
    and what are the placements in IT branch in IIIt allahabad....???
    U do have chance, but in the 5th round only.....

Placements are awesome with avg being almost 5.5 lakhs and highest being almost 14 lakhs!

Junior FaaDoO Engineer
    City
    Hyderabad/Secundrabad
    Likes Gifted
    Groans Gifted
    Groans Received

I have heard that IT doesn't have much scope in future.....
    Is that true..???
    Please advise.....

Junior FaaDoO Engineer
    City
    Allahabad
    Likes Gifted
    Groans Gifted
    Groans Received

Quote Originally Posted by priya.y View Post
    I have heard that IT doesn't have much scope in future.....
    Is that true..???
    Please advise.....
    Now who told u that!!! Bechare 12th ke bacche...kuch bhi bolte hain!!

Junior FaaDoO Engineer
    City
    Hyderabad/Secundrabad
    Likes Gifted
    Groans Gifted
    Groans Received

Is branch change from IT to ECE possible at the end of 1st year...???

Junior FaaDoO Engineer
    City
    Allahabad
    Likes Gifted
    Groans Gifted
    Groans Received

I am akshay khare, a student at IIIT Allahabad..

Let me make few points very clear.

IIIT A is the youngest institute and has great placement record..and because of which it is already above many nits( except the 3 nits of south)..
    Currently I am studying in amethi campus of IIIT A..
    I got AIR 9150 in AIEEE 2010..
    JEE RANK - 9889
    BITSAT score - 305

As there are many confusion regarding amethi campus let me make few points very clear
    positives about amethi campus-

IIIT amethi is situated 10 kms frm amethi ..so both ald campus and amethi campus are at different place.

same teacher takes the lectures at Allahabad campus and Amethi campus...Teachers are provided with transport facilities by institute to go to amethi campus
    in a week and take class there..

Course curriculum is same for both the institute..

Exam are conducted simultaneously at both the campus and papers are same

For 3 years you have to study at amethi and in 4 year for placement students are shifted to Allahabad campus and they get equal opportunity.

Mark sheets for both the campus are same and in Mark sheet there is no mention of amethi campus ..and in ID card too.(issued by institute)

Competitive environment at amethi campus is very gud.and many students are 9 pointers.

Tech fest and clubs are same for both the institute.And students visit Allahbad campus for various activities.

So , studywise both the institute are same

Now here are some negatives (which are seriously needed to be highlighted)

Mess is not that much good at amethi

Institute is situated at remote place where u mean will find difficulty of means to travel ( although there is one college bus)

Infrastructure is not good.

lack of sports facilites..

And finally just i want to say IIIT A (both the campus ) are worth taking..BUT PREFER gud branches at TOP 3 nit .
    so u can get admission at IIIT A ( main campus ) closing rank -- around 14 k
    Amethi campus - around 16k.

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

Suggestions and quires are welcome..

7. The Following User LIKES this post from prince91:

surajp (18th June 2011)

Junior FaaDoO Engineer
    City
    Jaipur
    Likes Gifted
    Groans Gifted
    Groans Received

IIIT Allahabad

My AIEEE rank is 10200. On the basis of last years cut off, I may get ECE and IT in IIIT Allahabad. Can someone guide me about the IIIT Allahabad, its placement packages, its ranking and its reputation in IT sector? The website of IIT Allahabad says that they are ranked at 8th position after 7 IIITs by India today. Is it correct?

Junior FaaDoO Engineer
    City
    Allahabad
    Likes Gifted
    Groans Gifted
    Groans Received

Re: IIIT Allahabad

I am akshay khare, a student at IIIT Allahabad..

Let me make few points very clear.

IIIT A is the youngest institute and has great placement record..and because of which it is already above many nits( except the 3 nits of south)..
    Currently I am studying in amethi campus of IIIT A..
    I got AIR 9150 in AIEEE 2010..
    JEE RANK - 9889
    BITSAT score - 305

As there are many confusion regarding amethi campus let me make few points very clear
    positives about amethi campus-

IIIT amethi is situated 10 kms frm amethi ..so both ald campus and amethi campus are at different place.

same teacher takes the lectures at Allahabad campus and Amethi campus...Teachers are provided with transport facilities by institute to go to amethi campus
    in a week and take class there..

Course curriculum is same for both the institute..

Exam are conducted simultaneously at both the campus and papers are same

For 3 years you have to study at amethi and in 4 year for placement students are shifted to Allahabad campus and they get equal opportunity.

Mark sheets for both the campus are same and in Mark sheet there is no mention of amethi campus ..and in ID card too.(issued by institute)

Competitive environment at amethi campus is very gud.and many students are 9 pointers.

Tech fest and clubs are same for both the institute.And students visit Allahbad campus for various activities.

So , studywise both the institute are same

Now here are some negatives (which are seriously needed to be highlighted)

Mess is not that much good at amethi

Institute is situated at remote place where u mean will find difficulty of means to travel ( although there is one college bus)

Infrastructure is not good.

lack of sports facilites..

And finally just i want to say IIIT A (both the campus ) are worth taking..BUT PREFER gud branches at TOP 3 nit .
    so u can get admission at IIIT A ( main campus ) closing rank -- around 14 k
    Amethi campus - around 16k.

Fuchcha FaaDoO Engineer
    City
    Delhi
    Likes Gifted
    Groans Gifted
    Groans Received

should i consider iiit-a(ece) over nit kurukshetra(cse) in terms of placement ? and can u plz which one is better in terms of scope ece or it?what is the diff between it & cse& computer engineering?

Passionate FaaDoO Engineer
    City
    Delhi
    Likes Gifted
    Groans Gifted
    Groans Received

Quote Originally Posted by Fantush View Post
    My AIEEE rank is 10200. On the basis of last years cut off, I may get ECE and IT in IIIT Allahabad. Can someone guide me about the IIIT Allahabad, its placement packages, its ranking and its reputation in IT sector? The website of IIT Allahabad says that they are ranked at 8th position after 7 IIITs by India today. Is it correct?
    I cn nt completely agree iiita is better than some of the nits!!!

Fuchcha FaaDoO Engineer
    City
    Kolkata
    Likes Gifted
    Groans Gifted
    Groans Received

hi.i am getting 9785 in aieee 2011 general cateogary
    wat are my chances in ece iiita and in which round.
    how is the ece iiita compared to vnitnagpurece and manit bhopal ece..............a reply will be appreciated
    there is a humble request to all the students of iiit allahabad to plz give their contact number.plzzzi really need it.i want to talk to u.plz

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

i also have the same doubt bits mesra (mech ,eee) nit rourkela mech or iiita ece plzzz rank in order of placements

Passionate FaaDoO Engineer
    City
    Delhi
    Likes Gifted
    Groans Gifted
    Groans Received

Quote Originally Posted by adhiraj_singh03 View Post
    hi.i am getting 9785 in aieee 2011 general cateogary
    wat are my chances in ece iiita and in which round.
    how is the ece iiita compared to vnitnagpurece and manit bhopal ece..............a reply will be appreciated
    there is a humble request to all the students of iiit allahabad to plz give their contact number.plzzzi really need it.i want to talk to u.plz

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

i also have the same doubt bits mesra (mech ,eee) nit rourkela mech or iiita ece plzzz rank in order of placements
    U hav a chance bt in da later round.....

14. The Following User LIKES this post from cool.taniya:

cool.taniya (26th December 2012)

Junior FaaDoO Engineer
    City
    Allahabad
    Likes Gifted
    Groans Gifted
    Groans Received

@akdagar prefer iiit ece over nit kuruksherta cse ....( if u want gud placement)..in terms of higher studies both it and ec are almost equivalent..and
    in cse u will find coding is the main part with less electronics...but in IT ..it is coding + more electronics than CSE( it is a very basic difference)...
    for more details u can contact me at my no. 09425153364

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

@adhiraj my home state is mp ..and i would seriously advice u to dont even think of nit bhopal...it sucksssssssss...my real bst frnds are studying there
    no study envirnoment is there...students are indulged in drinking etc..it has lost its reputation..and for more information regarding IIIT A
    u can contact me at my no 09425153364
    Last edited by prince91; 19th June 2011 at 08:42 PM.

16. The Following User LIKES this post from prince91:

umas (20th June 2011)

Junior FaaDoO Engineer
    City
    Allahabad
    Likes Gifted
    Groans Gifted
    Groans Received

@Fantush u will have to take the risk of surrendering ur seat in u will be luking for allahabad campus..coz my rank was too near to u ( it was 9150) and in 3rd round i got amethi campus..
    but i didnt surrendered seat ( otherwise i would have got ald campus)...so think twice before u surrender ur seat...and regarding amethi campus i have already discussed a lot in other thread..
    for more information i have already given my mobile no in other thread.( repeating again its 09425153364)
    Last edited by prince91; 19th June 2011 at 08:42 PM.

Junior FaaDoO Engineer
    City
    Jaipur
    Likes Gifted
    Groans Gifted
    Groans Received

@prince - I read that there is big unrest in IIIT allahabad campus? What is your opinion about placement of amethi students v/s aid campus?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast