Close
Login to Your Account
Faadooengineers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NIT Hamirpur 2011 Admission | Cut Offs,Rank, Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion

Favorite 32 NIT Hamirpur 2011 Admission | Cut Offs,Rank, Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion

This is a thread for NIT Hamirpur 2012 Admission | Cut Offs,Rank, Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion.

Click here for NIT 2012 Admissions | Cut - offs

Hey FaaDoOs........I am mukul from NIT Hamirpur and welcome to the official thread for my college on this awesome website!! Your queries are more than welcome!!

A little info about NIT Hamirpur....

About the college - as per college website
    National Institute of Technology Hamirpur is one of the twenty NITs of the country, established in 1986 as Regional Engineering College, as a joint and cooperative enterprise of the Govt. of India and Govt. of Himachal Pradesh. The goals of the institute as embodied in the logo are truly remarkable in their scope of vision. The college provide Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Doctorate Education in Engineering, Sciences & Humanities; fostering the spirit of national integration among the students, a close interaction with industry and a strong emphasis on research, both basic and applied. It has been given the status of Deemed University.
    The campus is situated at Anu in Hamirpur district of Himachal Pradesh and is 4 Kms from main bus stand of Hamirpur on Hamirpur Toni Devi road. The city of Hamirpur is well connected with the rest of the country by road. The nearest broad gauge rail head is at Una (Himachal Pradesh) which is 80 Kms from Hamirpur. The campus has a picturesque surrounding facing snow clad Dhauladhar mountain ranges. Lush green pine trees surround it. The campus is well laid with roads, electric installations, water supply, underground drainage, etc. The place has healthy climate with moderate temperature ranging from 1oC to 38oC with an altitude of 900 meters.

Address
    NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY HAMIRPUR,
    HIMACHAL PRADESH
    PIN 177 005
    INDIA
    Tel: +91-1972-254001 / 254011, Fax: +91-1972-223834

Branch offered:
    • Civil Engineering
    • Computer Science & Engineering
    • Electrical Engineering
    • Electronics & communication Engineering
    • Mechanical Engineering

Fees
    Total expense in Btech including hostel - Rs.3,09,950/-
    First semester - Rs.47,900/-

Placements
    All details available in the file attached. Pl refer to the same.

Ranking
    Amongst top 50 as per Outlook and India Today

Hostel

The students admit in the National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur (HP) from all parts of the country. As per the admission policy of Govt. of India, 50% of the students, are from the state of Himachal Pradesh, whereas the other 50% are from the other States. Institute provides hostel accommodation to all the students.
    There are six hostels in this institute. Five of it are for boys and girls have the separate one. Names of the hostel are on the basis of famous mountain ranges of Himachal Pradesh .The hostels are in perfect shape and provide all the basic facilities to the students. Each hostel has got its own mess. Food available is delicious and the menu is decided by the students themselves.
    Each hostel has solar heating system, own recreation hall with badminton court and table tennis tables. There is a separate gym for the boys and girls with the latest machines for their work out.
    Internet facility has been provided in every room of each hostel.

Cut Offs

Opening Rank: AIR 2239
    Closing Rank: AIR 45533

NOW TIME FOR QUERIES!!!

Attached Files for Direct Download
      File Name:
      File Size:
      4.3 KB
      Total Downloads:
    * Click on the 'file icon' or 'file name' to start downloading

How is the infrastructure at NIT Hamirpur?

Re: NIT Hamirpur 2011 Admission | Cut Offs,Rank, Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by chiragdude View Post
    How is the infrastructure at NIT Hamirpur?
    The infrastructure in NIT Hamirpur is awesome!!

The Institute has a well equipped library, a computer centre, lecture hall complex, various laboratories in different departments, workshops, hostels, health care centre, and adequate facilities for sports, games and co-curricular activities.

Other facilities include - Association & clubs, Computer Center, Library , Hospital, Shopping Center ,Transport, Hostels(5-boys & 1-girls) and Mess , Physical Education, LAN, Internet, Literary Circle, Security ,games & sport ,Central Workshop, Bank , etc.

Re: NIT Hamirpur 2011 Admission | Cut Offs,Rank, Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion

i am from uttar pradesh and therefore eligible for nit allahabad (home state quota) , so if i have a choice between nit ahd. civil and nith electrical which one would u prefer?

Quote Originally Posted by Rohit Chandra View Post
    i am from uttar pradesh and therefore eligible for nit allahabad (home state quota) , so if i have a choice between nit ahd. civil and nith electrical which one would u prefer?
    Hey Rohit,

I ll definitely go for nit allahabad......the placement in civil in mnnit is much better than ee in nit h.......more core companies coming there.....and paying better pkgs...also the brand name if MNNIT is better than NIT H and will help u in further studies in foreign lands as well as India.....

Go for NIT A.......

I have got AIR of 25647, category general, State - Delhi, is there a chance at NIT Hamirpur, which streams may be possible... I have taken VIT (Mechanical), does it make sense to forgo that and try AIEEE counselling in hope of better college (VIT wants certificates by June 23)

Quote Originally Posted by v p View Post
    I have got AIR of 25647, category general, State - Delhi, is there a chance at NIT Hamirpur, which streams may be possible... I have taken VIT (Mechanical), does it make sense to forgo that and try AIEEE counselling in hope of better college (VIT wants certificates by June 23)
    u dont have a chance in NIT Hamirpur.....go for VIT!

VIT is good . Good for it .

Private Institutions provide you with a lot of opportunites . Global exposure and stuff . Dont miss it . And its necessary that there is all round development

A very good evening to every one.I m new to this website
    I am from west bengal and belong to sc.

B arch Scores in aieee 2011 are:-

All India RankOverall24011 Category1617 State Rank Overall 799 Category 84
    can U please suggest me if i can get nit hamirpur

Quote Originally Posted by SATADRU View Post
    A very good evening to every one.I m new to this website
    I am from west bengal and belong to sc.

B arch Scores in aieee 2011 are:-

All India RankOverall24011 Category1617 State Rank Overall 799 Category 84
    can U please suggest me if i can get nit hamirpur
    You cant get NIT Hamirpur with this score...all the best for other colleges...

HI ,I am from punjab my AIR is 14700 my genral cat rank is 11600, can I get electrical at hamirpur

Quote Originally Posted by guglip View Post
    HI ,I am from punjab my AIR is 14700 my genral cat rank is 11600, can I get electrical at hamirpur
    U may or may not......last time it closed near 15k if i remember....unpredictable!!

i m from delhi.Can i get cse here.my air is 18k

hi , after the 1st round i got NITH civil ....... i might get mech there in the next one ,
    the doubt although is , that when u visit nith's site it has a link where outlook has ranked it 22nd best , few nits did not participate , but still how many of them would be above it right !!
    so should i hop on and choose it , or wait till 3rd round , and acc to my calculation i'll get civil in SVNIT (surat) in 3rd round ....... which would be better ??

my air is 10051(op category) state haryana.which branches can i get.can i get cse or ece in nit of kurukshetra,surat,bhopal,raipur,jamshedpur,rourkela,calicut,hamirpur,durgapur?what about it at iiit allahabad
    ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast