Close
Login to Your Account
Faadooengineers

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SVNIT Surat 2011 Admission | Cut Offs,Rank, Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion

Favorite 32 SVNIT Surat 2011 Admission | Cut Offs,Rank, Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion

This is the SVNIT Surat 2011 Admission Thread. For 2012 admissions discussion thread, click here:

SVNIT Surat 2012 Admissions, Cut-offs

Hi FaaDooooSSS,

This is Piknick from SVNIT.....given the responsibility of maintaining this thread for SVNIT Queries.

Before anything else....lets start with a brief of the college......

Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute Of Technology, Surat is one of the 17 Regional Engineering Colleges that were established as joint venture of the Government of India and the Government of Gujarat. It was established in June 1961 with facilities to run Bachelor's Degree Programmes in Civil, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering disciplines. It is now changed to National Institute of Technology along with other RECs.

The total intake of students is, currently 426. Fifty per cent of the seats are filled up from the Gujarat State and the fifty percent of the seats are reserved for the students from other States with quota fixed for every State. In addition to intake of 426, twenty foreign students are also admitted under the scheme of Central Government.

Hostels and other facilities

The college has a campus of its own, spread over 100 hectares of land on the Surat-Dumas Highway. The college is progressing with the construction of the buildings of the academic sector. The college is having in all seven hostels, six for boys & one for girls students, accommodating 990 students. The total of 191 units of staff quarters for different categories have been built on the campus. The college has a Canteen, a Students Store, a Dispensary, a Guest House, a Post Office, a branch of the State Bank of India and play ground for some of the major games, viz. Football, Basketball, Volleyball and Cricket.

Ranking
    Top 30 as per various estimates.

Fees
    Rs.27,500 for 1st semester. Rs.17,500 subsequently.....

Placements
    CLASS SIZE: 429
    NUMBER OF BOYS IN CLASS: 369
    NUMBER OF GIRLS IN CLASS: 60
    NO.OF STUDENTS OPTING OUT OF PLACEMENTS: 4
    NO. OF STUDENTS PARTICIPATING IN PLACEMENTS: 427
    TOTAL RECRUITERS PARTICIPATED IN PLACEMENTS: 64
    TOTAL RECRUITERS RECRUITED IN PLACEMENTS: 55
    AVERAGE INDIAN SALARY IN LAKHS: 3.88
    LOWEST INDIAN SALARY IN LAKHS: 2.16
    HIGHEST INDIAN SALARY IN LAKHS: 8.49

Branches Offered

1. Chemical Engineering / Technology
    2. Civil Engineering
    3. Electrical Engineering
    4. Electronics and Communication Engineering
    5. Mechanical Engineering
    6. Production Engineering

Cut Offs

Opening Rank: AIR 43
    Closing Rank: AIR 44950

NOW TIME FOR YOUR QUERIES!!!

Last edited by piknick; 14th June 2011 at 02:36 PM.

Re: SVNIT Surat 2011 Admission | Cut Offs,Rank, Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion

I'm scoring 182/360 in AIEEE 2011. Can i get Mechanical at SVNIT Surat?

Re: SVNIT Surat 2011 Admission | Cut Offs,Rank, Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by chiragdude View Post
    I'm scoring 182/360 in AIEEE 2011. Can i get Mechanical at SVNIT Surat?
    Hey chirag, at 182, i believe you should be getting an all india rank in the range of 11-12k. What is your home state? And are you a reserved category candidate???

Hello picnick,

I am from Ahmedabad, I got a state rank of 10284 and all india rank of 239014. I am from gujarat, so gujarat is my home state. Is there any chance of admission in SVNIT?

Quote Originally Posted by teenum View Post
    Hello picnick,

I am from Ahmedabad, I got a state rank of 10284 and all india rank of 239014. I am from gujarat, so gujarat is my home state. Is there any chance of admission in SVNIT?
    No Chance if general category........which category are u???

i am in general category. thanks for the heartbreaker.
    anyways, you think i'll get admission in any college in india with this rank in aieee? if i apply for the counselling thing?

Quote Originally Posted by teenum View Post
    i am in general category. thanks for the heartbreaker.
    anyways, you think i'll get admission in any college in india with this rank in aieee? if i apply for the counselling thing?
    dude....did u really expect a seat in NIT with this rank!!??

Yes u can get colleges.....y dont u post on this thread for general queries: http://www.faadooengineers.com/threa...h-queries-here..

my all india rank is 224974,,,my state rank is 9563,,,i m in sc category,,,,can u plz tell me,,,Can i get Mechanical or civil at SVNIT Surat?and plz tell me abut admis proc. etc,,plz
    prem

Quote Originally Posted by premroy2011 View Post
    my all india rank is 224974,,,my state rank is 9563,,,i m in sc category,,,,can u plz tell me,,,Can i get Mechanical or civil at SVNIT Surat?and plz tell me abut admis proc. etc,,plz
    prem
    U cant get SVNIT at all....Sorry about that.....All the best for this admission season......

Also, u want to know the admission process for which college??

AIR 9176 , UP ......... can i expect to get mech in later rounds ....... and which branch has the best placement in SVNIT ?? what about mech !!

Quote Originally Posted by dicap View Post
    AIR 9176 , UP ......... can i expect to get mech in later rounds ....... and which branch has the best placement in SVNIT ?? what about mech !!

First of all congratulations on such an awesome rank!!!!

And Secondly Congratulations again.....cuz u can definitely get NIT Surat Mechanical by the 4th or 5th round!!!

Mechanical Placements are quite decent.....With average being above 4 lakhs.....Highest was close to 7 lakhs and lowest was around 2.2 lakhs.....

Best placements are in CS and ECE....

can u tell me?my all india rank is 224974,,,my state rank is 9563,,,i m in sc category,,to muje gujarat me kaha kaha admission mil sakta hai?

Quote Originally Posted by premroy2011 View Post
    can u tell me?my all india rank is 224974,,,my state rank is 9563,,,i m in sc category,,to muje gujarat me kaha kaha admission mil sakta hai?
    SVNIT is not possible........for other colleges pl post on the general AIEEE query thread: http://www.faadooengineers.com/threa...h-queries-here..

A very good evening to every one.I m new to this website
    I am from west bengal and belong to sc.

B arch Scores in aieee 2011 are:-

All India RankOverall24011 Category1617 State Rank Overall 799 Category 84
    can U please suggest me if i can get svnit surat

Quote Originally Posted by SATADRU View Post
    A very good evening to every one.I m new to this website
    I am from west bengal and belong to sc.

B arch Scores in aieee 2011 are:-

All India RankOverall24011 Category1617 State Rank Overall 799 Category 84
    can U please suggest me if i can get svnit surat
    There is no B.Arch course offered in SVNIT

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast