Close
Login to Your Account
Faadooengineers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NIT Kurukshetra 2011 Admissions | Cut-Offs, Ranks,Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion

Favorite 32 NIT Kurukshetra 2011 Admissions | Cut-Offs, Ranks,Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion

FaaDoOs,

I will be answering all queries regarding NIT Kurukshetra admissions here.......

About the college
    National Institute of Technology Kurukshetra, Haryana is a premier Technical Institute of the region. The institute started working as Regional Engineering College, Kurukshetra in 1963. Like other Regional Engineering Colleges of India this institution too, had been a joint enterprise of the State and Central Governments. This Institute was conferred upon status of Deemed University on June 26, 2002. Since then it has been renamed as National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra.
    The Institute started functioning in its present campus at Kurukshetra in 1965-66 with 120 students admitted in the first year of the Five-Year Courses of study for the B.Sc. (Engg.) Degree in Civil, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering. The annual intake was increased to 250 students in 1966-67. B.Sc. (Engg.) degree courses in Electronics and Communication Engineering was added in 1971-72. in 1967-68 M. Sc. (Engg.) degree courses in Electronics and Communication Engineering was added in 1971-72. In 1967-68 M. Sc. (Engg.) degree courses in Civil, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering and in 1971-72, a Postgraduate diploma in Scientific instrumentation were also started. In July, 1976 Part-Time M. Sc. ( Engg.) degree courses in Electronics and Communication Engineering and instrumentation were started. The First registration for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy in the Faculty of Engineering and Technology was made in July, 1967.
    The Institute changed over to the 4-year B.Tech. Degree courses with effect from the academic year 1985-86. The new courses was designated as B. Tech. The annual intake in B.Tech programme at present is 540.

Fees

Rs.13250/yr,
    Rs.3500/yr for single seater hostel
    Rs.9000 at time of admission

Placements
    Refer attached file.

Ranking
    College has been consistently ranked between top 30 and 40.

Branches Offered

• Civil Engineering
    • Computer Engineering
    • Electrical Engineering
    • Electronics & communication Engineering
    • Mechanical Engineering
    • Industrial Engineering & Management
    • Information Technology

Hostel
    The Institute has six boys and two girls hostels. Five boys hostels with a capacity of 250 each are for B.Tech students and one 150 seater post graduate hostel accommodates M.Tech. students and research scholars. Three of the five boys' hostels for undergraduate students have triple seater rooms whereas the remaining two are single seaters. All the rooms in Post-graduate hostel are single seaters.
    The two girls hostels have total capacity (150 + 200) to accommodate 350 girl students. These hostels have single, double and triple seated rooms.

All the rooms in the hostels have been provided with furniture and ceiling fans. Each hostel is a self contained unit with its own co-operative mess and common room. Common room facilities include newspapers, magazines, indoor games and a colour television set. In each hostel i-net centers have been opened where residents can avail internet facilities free of cost. Each student is expected to respond to the role assigned to him/her in the community life of the hostel.

Cut Offs

Opening Rank: AIR 380
    Closing Rank: AIR 23971

NOW TIME FOR QUERIES!!!

Attached Files for Direct Download
      File Name:
      File Size:
      147.0 KB
      Total Downloads:
    * Click on the 'file icon' or 'file name' to start downloading

Re: NIT Kurukshetra 2011 Admissions | Cut-Offs, Ranks,Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion

at an AIR 9176 , can i expect mech in later rounds !!!???

Re: NIT Kurukshetra 2011 Admissions | Cut-Offs, Ranks,Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by dicap View Post
    at an AIR 9176 , can i expect mech in later rounds !!!???
    Touch and GO Bro.....Touch and Go!!!! Mech closed under 9000 last time......but u never know the trends this year...u might just make it!!!

I hav 18k in aieee.wat can i xpect here??

my air is 10051(op category state haryana).can i get cse or ece in any of the NITs of kurukshetra,surat,bhopal,rourkela,raipur,durgapur,jamshedpur,calicut? plz help and reply fast.

please help as i am very depressed after not getting a seat in first counselling list

I have got AIR 10354 . WHAT ALL BRANCHES can i expect this yr

Quote Originally Posted by sethi View Post
    I have got AIR 10354 . WHAT ALL BRANCHES can i expect this yr
    which state and category??

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by shikhar makkar View Post
    please help as i am very depressed after not getting a seat in first counselling list
    y be depressed, there are many rounds to go!! and u have decent rank!

[QUOTE=joon.nitk;7393]which state and category??[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

I am from genral category , I have done 12th from chandigarh

thanks bhaiya(joon.nitk) for the help and support

in the first two rounds i got nothing. .in the first round ece and mechanical at nit kkr closed at 6028 & 7642 and in the second round they closed at 8638 & 9561 while it at iiit allahabad closed at 6312 and 8897 in 1st and 2nd rounds. which branches can i get in the third round.my air is 10051,op category and home state haryana.
    Last edited by shikhar makkar; 7th July 2011 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shikhar makkar View Post
    in the first two rounds i got nothing. .in the first round ece and mechanical at nit kkr closed at 6028 & 7642 and in the second round they closed at 8638 & 9561 while it at iiit allahabad closed at 6312 and 8897 in 1st and 2nd rounds. which branches can i get in the third round.my air is 10051,op category and home state haryana.
    3rd round u ll get a seat for sure...

Quote Originally Posted by joon.nitk View Post
    3rd round u ll get a seat for sure...
    bhaiya i have got mechanical in the third round.will it upgrade to ece through further rounds or through internal sliding

how is industrial engineering and management in nit kurushetra??
    how is the placement and the faculty??

what is the average package for mech,cse and ece here?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast