Zeitgeist 2014 IIT Ropar | Amalthea 2014 IIT Gandhinagar | Avishkar 2014 NIT Allahabad | MAGNIFEST 14 HIMCS | Waves 14 BITS Pilani | Zeal 15 Guru Nanak College | Arthayudh 2014 Christ University |
    + Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
      Junior FaaDoO Engineer
      City
      Udaipur
      Likes Gifted
      Groans Gifted
      Groans Received

Favorite 32 UICT Mumbai 2011 Admissions | Cut-Offs, Ranks,Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion

Welcome to the official thread for UICT on FE...Post ur queries here..........

Institute of Chemical Technology (ICT), Mumbai, is India's premier chemical engineering and technology research institute. It is an institute dedicated to training and research in various branches of Chemical Engineering, Chemical Technology, and Pharmacy. Over the last 76 years it has acquired the status of being a premier and renowned institute of Chemical Technology in the country.
      The ICT was founded in 1933 as a Bombay University Department of Chemical Technology (known worldwide as UDCT) by the explicit desire and money of industrialists and philanthropists, to cater to the requirements of the chemical industry. Thus, since its very inception, it has maintained strong links with the chemical industry. The ICT has maintained its academic excellence over the past 75 years and is ranked amongst the best colleges in India.
      The University of Mumbai conferred the autonomous status on the UDCT in 1994, with concurrence from the Maharashtra State Government and the UGC. Further the ‘UDCT’ was renamed as the Mumbai University Institute of Chemical Technology (Autonomous) (MUICT) on 26 January 2002.
      The ICT was selected as a Lead Institution under the Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme (TEQIP) of the Govt. of India. For effective implementation of this programme, the Govt. of Maharashtra granted complete Autonomy to ICT since June 2004. On 12 September 2008, the ICT was granted the Deemed-to-be University status under Section 3 of the UGC Act 1956. Now it is renamed as the Institute of Chemical Technology (ICT) [Deemed University], and is functioning as per the Statutes, Ordinances, Regulations and Rules of its own.

Branches Offered

B.Chem in

Chemical
      Dyestuff
      FTPT
      Foods
      Oils
      Pharma
      Polymer
      Surface Coating

Fees

Rs.33,500/-

Placements
      Max: 14 lakhs
      Min: 3 lakhs
      Avg: 4.45 lakhs

Sponsored Ads

Cut Offs - MHCET
      Min marks in MHCET : 137 for Dyestuff......

Ranking
      Rated above IITs in Chemical Engineering by Georgia INstitute of Technology, USA!
      No.1 since one decade....

Hostel
      Several on-campus hostels provide accommodation to students from all educational streams. Hostels enhance many aspects of the college atmosphere.
      There are 5 hostel buildings which cater to the students' need of accommodation.
      • Old Boys hostel
      • New Boys hostel
      • New Girls hostel
      • Post Graduate (P.G.) hostel
      • Old Girls Hostel
      NOW TIME FOR QUERIES!!!

Junior FaaDoO Engineer
      City
      Delhi
      Likes Gifted
      Groans Gifted
      Groans Received

Re: UICT Mumbai 2011 Admissions | Cut-Offs, Ranks,Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion

Hey There,
      Any Idea on the ranks required for the All India Quota in various branches.
      `#

Junior FaaDoO Engineer
      City
      Bangalore
      Likes Gifted
      Groans Gifted
      Groans Received

Re: UICT Mumbai 2011 Admissions | Cut-Offs, Ranks,Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion

u ll need around 6k rank in 1st round....9k in second and 13k in 3rd for AI quota......

4. The Following User LIKES this post from samah:

nishu76652 (15th April 2012)

Junior FaaDoO Engineer
      City
      Delhi
      Likes Gifted
      Groans Gifted
      Groans Received

Quote Originally Posted by samah View Post
      u ll need around 6k rank in 1st round....9k in second and 13k in 3rd for AI quota......
      Hey thanks for the info, could you please also let me know when exactly will the forms be out ?
      `#

Hardcore FaaDoO Engineer
      City
      Noida
      Likes Gifted
      Groans Gifted
      Groans Received

Quote Originally Posted by alpha.whiskey View Post
      Hey thanks for the info, could you please also let me know when exactly will the forms be out ?
      Forms come out sometime in june......no specific date.....keep chking the site.....

Junior FaaDoO Engineer
      City
      Mumbai
      Likes Gifted
      Groans Gifted
      Groans Received

THANKS FOR THE INFO guys..
      but the cutoff mentioned is for chemical engg or it includes all other stuff like polymer etc..
      i want the cutoff for BE in chem engg...

Junior FaaDoO Engineer
      City
      Delhi
      Likes Gifted
      Groans Gifted
      Groans Received

Quote Originally Posted by proten View Post
      THANKS FOR THE INFO guys..
      but the cutoff mentioned is for chemical engg or it includes all other stuff like polymer etc..
      i want the cutoff for BE in chem engg...
      Nope its only for B. Chemical Engg.
      `#

Fuchcha FaaDoO Engineer
      City
      Mumbai
      Likes Gifted
      Groans Gifted
      Groans Received

Can someone tell me the cutoff marks (AIEEE) for the different courses in UDCT? I'm expecting around 208/360 in AIEEE 2011. Will I be able to get admission, if yes then which courses? Also, I don't know exactly which field in chem engg interests me...so how do I decide? Is there some counselling round in UDCT? Have the forms come out?

Junior FaaDoO Engineer
      City
      Mumbai
      Likes Gifted
      Groans Gifted
      Groans Received

does uict hav defence quota for all india seats.....??
      i am missin the above mentioned cut-off by nearly 5000 ranks in aieee......
      i am from maharashtra only.

Fuchcha FaaDoO Engineer
      City
      Bhubaneshwar
      Likes Gifted
      Groans Gifted
      Groans Received

Please give the cutoff for for other branches:-
      Chemical
      Dyestuff
      FTPT
      Foods
      Oils
      Pharma
      Polymer
      Surface Coating

12. The Following User LIKES this post from mrpaglu:

utshav (7th June 2011)

Junior FaaDoO Engineer
      City
      Udaipur
      Likes Gifted
      Groans Gifted
      Groans Received

Quote Originally Posted by rutvi View Post
      Can someone tell me the cutoff marks (AIEEE) for the different courses in UDCT? I'm expecting around 208/360 in AIEEE 2011. Will I be able to get admission, if yes then which courses? Also, I don't know exactly which field in chem engg interests me...so how do I decide? Is there some counselling round in UDCT? Have the forms come out?
      What rank have u got??? For forms for admission via AIEEE......keep logging on to the college websote regularly.....they will come out soon...but no set date.....Do a research of the scope of all branches to decide what u want.....go thru the syllabus and see which has the subjects of ur choice......

Also u are from Mumbai it seems......so u can expect from MHCET also!

---------- Post added at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by utshav View Post
      does uict hav defence quota for all india seats.....??
      i am missin the above mentioned cut-off by nearly 5000 ranks in aieee......
      i am from maharashtra only.
      Like all maharashtra colleges this too has a defence quota....i guess u can find admission here......fill the forms and try......u have a decent chance.....

else u can expect things from MHCET also, right??

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mrpaglu View Post
      Please give the cutoff for for other branches:-
      Chemical
      Dyestuff
      FTPT
      Foods
      Oils
      Pharma
      Polymer
      Surface Coating
      Do u want AIEEE cut offs or MHCET cut offs??

Fuchcha FaaDoO Engineer
      City
      Bhubaneshwar
      Likes Gifted
      Groans Gifted
      Groans Received

I want "AIEEE" cutoffs for:-

Chemical
      Dyestuff
      FTPT
      Foods
      Oils
      Pharma
      Polymer
      Surface Coating

I am an outside state candidate.

Junior FaaDoO Engineer
      City
      Mumbai
      Likes Gifted
      Groans Gifted
      Groans Received

My AIR is 32887.Category rank is 24889 (open category)
      I'm from Maharashtra.What can I get at ICT ?

Junior FaaDoO Engineer
      City
      Udaipur
      Likes Gifted
      Groans Gifted
      Groans Received

Quote Originally Posted by jitin_22 View Post
      My AIR is 32887.Category rank is 24889 (open category)
      I'm from Maharashtra.What can I get at ICT ?
      Difficult, but do try...u might get the lower branches....but most seats are taken up before 15k...

Junior FaaDoO Engineer
      City
      Mumbai
      Likes Gifted
      Groans Gifted
      Groans Received

Can u recommend the order in which one should fill the other branch choices after chemical engg or the genral trends which students have opted over the past years....??
      Last edited by utshav; 7th June 2011 at 01:15 PM.