Close
Login to Your Account
Faadooengineers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NIT Raipur 2011 Admissions | Cut-Offs, Ranks,Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion

Favorite 32 NIT Raipur 2011 Admissions | Cut-Offs, Ranks,Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion

This is a thread for NIT Raipur 2011 Admissions | Cut-Offs, Ranks,Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion

Click here for NIT Raipur 2012 Admissions | Cut - Offs

To all the FaaDoO guys and gals......

I present the official NIT Raipur thread on this forum....Ask queries and clarify ur doubts....

The National Institute of Technology Raipur (NIT Raipur) is a technical institution funded by the Government of India, located in Raipur, Chhattisgarh. Founded in 1956 as Govt. College of Mining & Metallurgy with two engineering disciplines, mining and metallurgy, the institute is one of the oldest of its kind in India. Currently it is one of the 20 National Institutes of Technology, which have been accorded Institute of National Importance status by the NIT Act of the Indian Government.

Ranking
    Top 50 as per various magazines & websites.

Branches Offered
    Biomedical Engineering
    Biotechnology Engineering
    Chemical Engineering
    Civil Engineering
    Computer Science & Engineering
    Electrical Engineering
    Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
    Information Technology
    Mechanical Engineering
    Metallurgical Engineering
    Mining Engineering

Fees
    Rs.41000 in the first yr.

Hostel
    The institute has 5 boy�s and 1 girls� hostel, within the campus. The institute also manages one additional girl�s hostel adjacent to campus. A 60-seat girl�s hostel is under construction adjacent to existing girls hostel within the campus. A plan for construction of a new hostel block for boys is under process. Each hostel is self-contained with amenities such as common room and a dining hall with mess. All the hostel rooms are adequately furnished. Each hostel has a capacity to house about 100 inmate students. Administrative head of each hostel, the warden, is a senior faculty member. Additionally, one caretaker/matron for each hostel exists to manage the day-to-day affairs of the hostel. Each hostel has different students working committees, mess committee, magazine committee, games committee, cleanliness committee etc. Each committee is responsible for specific aspects of hostel affairs. Separate hostel administrative section exists in the institute to manage the hostel matters. Two hostel blocks of 100 seat each, for the boys will be available for the first semester students and will be allotted on the basis of the merit.

Placements
    Avg: 4 lakhs
    Max: 9 lakhs

Cut Off
    Opening Rank: 587
    Closing Rank: 95108

NOW TIME FOR QUERIES!!!

Re: NIT Raipur 2011 Admissions | Cut-Offs, Ranks,Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion

my air is 44241 and obc rank is 10039.
    which branch can i get if i wait till 5th or 6th round?

Re: NIT Raipur 2011 Admissions | Cut-Offs, Ranks,Placements, Fees, Procedures Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by sultimate View Post
    my air is 44241 and obc rank is 10039.
    which branch can i get if i wait till 5th or 6th round?
    u can expect to get biotech and may be meta by 6th round.....

A very good evening to every one.I m new to this website
    I am from west bengal and belong to sc.

B arch Scores in aieee 2011 are:-

All India RankOverall24011 Category1617 State Rank Overall 799 Category 84
    can U please suggest me if i can get nit raipur

Quote Originally Posted by SATADRU View Post
    A very good evening to every one.I m new to this website
    I am from west bengal and belong to sc.

B arch Scores in aieee 2011 are:-

All India RankOverall24011 Category1617 State Rank Overall 799 Category 84
    can U please suggest me if i can get nit raipur
    Sad but u cant get thru in NIT Raipur. Pl try elsewhere....

Sir, I belong to general category ....my aieee overall rank is 46500 ....my state rank is 443 and am from chhattisgarh...are there any possibilities of getting nit raipur??? If yes, then which branches...??? If no, can u recommend sum gud colleges for my rank????

Quote Originally Posted by amborish16 View Post
    Sir, I belong to general category ....my aieee overall rank is 46500 ....my state rank is 443 and am from chhattisgarh...are there any possibilities of getting nit raipur??? If yes, then which branches...??? If no, can u recommend sum gud colleges for my rank????
    You definitely have a chnce in NIT Raipur.....And that too a very bright chance....Dont worry...

thank you very much, sir....which branches can i get????

thank you very much, sir....which branches can i get????
    You can get Bio Medical, Bio Tech, IT, Meta and Mining by the 5th round.....

Hello....
    My AIR is 32032 and obc category rank is 6000....
    Which branches can I expect....???

Can't I get chemical????

Can't I get chemical????
    Sorry not possible....

This is as per last yrs prediction...u mugh make it by 7th round though by internal sliding!

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by priya.y View Post
    Hello....
    My AIR is 32032 and obc category rank is 6000....
    Which branches can I expect....???
    U can get any branch u want in NIT Raipur by the 5th round.....

There are only 5 rounds of counseling in AIEEE. And after that, SPOT Admission.So , i guess there is no point considering the 7th round cut-off.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpaglu View Post
    There are only 5 rounds of counseling in AIEEE. And after that, SPOT Admission.So , i guess there is no point considering the 7th round cut-off.

6th and 7th rounds are both spot round!!!

what can i expect with a rank of 12336 ?? (h.s.-m.p.) general cat. please help!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast