Close
Login to Your Account
Faadooengineers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BITS Pilani or BITS Goa, Hyd?

Favorite 32 BITS Pilani or BITS Goa, Hyd?

Hi.i got 313 in bitsat 2011 i am very confused whether i compromise upon the branch and take up pilani or whether i go for goa or hyd. i may get civil or chemical in pilani.some people say that the degree you get in goa or hyd is the same as that tyou get in pilani!~!!! then what's the use of joining pilani and why does it have a higher cut-off????

please some one reply it's a question of my life

Last edited by Sakshi Dutta; 28th May 2011 at 07:10 AM. Reason: Post Reformatted!

Re: BITS Pilani or BITS Goa, Hyd?

Post re-formatted, thread re-named and moved to the BITSAT & BITS Discussion sub-forum..

Quote Originally Posted by pns View Post
    Hi.i got 313 in bitsat 2011 i am very confused whether i compromise upon the branch and take up pilani or whether i go for goa or hyd. i may get civil or chemical in pilani.some people say that the degree you get in goa or hyd is the same as that tyou get in pilani!~!!! then what's the use of joining pilani and why does it have a higher cut-off????

please some one reply it's a question of my life
    You have got a pretty decent score [MENTION=12775]pns[/MENTION] and yes, you have a good chance of getting civil, chemical etc in Pilani.

Now first of all you need to decide what you are passionate about, if you feel, CS or ECE is the right branch for you then you must not take admission in any other branch because you will then keep on cribbing for the rest of your life.

Moreover, BITS Goa & HYd are good colleges in their own right.

If you talk about Pilani, and why it has higher cutoffs, then the simple answer is, that it is one of India's oldest and a premier engg. college, ranked higher than most IIT's.

Only the degree doesnt matter dear friend, we have a very strong alumini base and all the top companies visit our campus for recruitments.

But then, I would reiterate, BITS Goa is also a good college and you have a pretty solid chance of landing up a CS or an ECE seat there.

So i believe you have to decide between College and branch here!

let me know if you have any more questions....

313 is a good score. if you are keen for branch like ece/ee/cse imo it is better you opt for hyd/goa campus.
    and even since any degree from bits has a good value, i don't think civil/chemical/dual degree from pilani is a bad choice.
    even pilani has the advantage of being old,well-established, renouned campus. even a good advantage of being very near to your city.!
    hyd/goa have advanatge having much better infrastructure than pilani, modern buildings, hostels etc. frankly, even less competiton campared to pilani in academics
    some people say that the degree you get in goa or hyd is the same as that that you get in pilani!~!!!
    yes, be it any campus, u finnaly get your certificate as "BITS PILANI" it is like just one institute operating at three campus. they call "BITS Pilani, Hyd campus" "BITS PILANI, Goa campus" not "BITS Hyd" or "BITS Goa". (probably u know that)
    why does it have a higher cut-off????
    obvioulsy pilani will have higher cut-off's coz being old, it is well-established, renouned and is the mentor of other two campus.
    Last edited by [FE].Zatak; 28th May 2011 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bitsian_vishal View Post
    You have got a pretty decent score @pns and yes, you have a good chance of getting civil, chemical etc in Pilani.

Now first of all you need to decide what you are passionate about, if you feel, CS or ECE is the right branch for you then you must not take admission in any other branch because you will then keep on cribbing for the rest of your life.

Moreover, BITS Goa & HYd are good colleges in their own right.

If you talk about Pilani, and why it has higher cutoffs, then the simple answer is, that it is one of India's oldest and a premier engg. college, ranked higher than most IIT's.

Only the degree doesnt matter dear friend, we have a very strong alumini base and all the top companies visit our campus for recruitments.

But then, I would reiterate, BITS Goa is also a good college and you have a pretty solid chance of landing up a CS or an ECE seat there.

So i believe you have to decide between College and branch here!

let me know if you have any more questions....
    thanks,but what my question actually is that after a good duration (say around 10-15 years ) if i go for a job of a civil eng.(or so) i.e. an off campus job search then then i would be treated equivalent to a civil eng. from goa or hyd.(since the degree is same) i.e. equal to a guy who currently sits at score of 290 then what's the use of me scoring a 313 now????

Quote Originally Posted by [FE].Zatak View Post
    313 is a good score. if you are keen for branch like ece/ee/cse imo it is better you opt for hyd/goa campus.
    and even since any degree from bits has a good value, i don't think civil/chemical/dual degree from pilani is a bad choice.
    even pilani has the advantage of being old,well-established, renouned campus. even a good advantage of being very near to your city.!
    hyd/goa have advanatge having much better infrastructure than pilani, modern buildings, hostels etc. frankly, even less competiton campared to pilani in academics

yes, be it any campus, u finnaly get your certificate as "BITS PILANI" it is like just one institute operating at three campus. they call "BITS Pilani, Hyd campus" "BITS PILANI, Goa campus" not "BITS Hyd" or "BITS Goa". (probably u know that)
    obvioulsy pilani will have higher cut-off's coz being old, it is well-established, renouned and is the mentor of other two campus.
    thanks,but what my question actually is that after a good duration (say around 10-15 years ) if i go for a job of a civil eng.(or so) i.e. an off campus job search then then i would be treated equivalent to a civil eng. from goa or hyd.(since the degree is same) i.e. equal to a guy who currently sits at score of 290 then what's the use of me scoring a 313 now????

Quote Originally Posted by psn
    thanks,but what my question actually is that after a good duration (say around 10-15 years ) if i go for a job of a civil eng.(or so) i.e. an off campus job search then then i would be treated equivalent to a civil eng. from goa or hyd.(since the degree is same) i.e. equal to a guy who currently sits at score of 290
    yes, your bitsat score won't be the criteria then, be it any campus, the CGPA, your academic performance, skills etc are the ones that differs you from any other.
    Quote Originally Posted by psn
    then what's the use of me scoring a 313 now????
    why consider a 290 guy?.. even someone scoring 313+ might enter your branch. it is not the bitsat score that matters after you were councelled and enter the college.
    when you see someone with score 313+ along with you in same branch, you might understand the use of youselves scoring 313.
    Last edited by [FE].Zatak; 28th May 2011 at 06:47 PM.

Hi,I scored 275 marks in BITS 2011 ,do I stand a chance anywhere at any of the bits campus.

Quote Originally Posted by [FE].Zatak View Post
    yes, your bitsat score won't be the criteria then, be it any campus, the CGPA, your academic performance, skills etc are the ones that differs you from any other. why consider a 290 guy?.. even someone scoring 313+ might enter your branch. it is not the bitsat score that matters after you were councelled and enter the college.
    when you see someone with score 313+ along with you in same branch, you might understand the use of youselves scoring 313.
    thanks sir,
    it was really a good reply.another doubt that i have is that bits pilani civil close at a lower or rather equal cut-off than chemical which is not the general case in most of the other colleges.is it that the clg has a weaker civil deptt..or smthing like that.

..is it that the clg has a weaker civil deptt..or smthing like that.
    seems you have done good amount of research into bits!
    anywayz have i never heard of that myth!
    but i don't think so.
    better someone here who is at bits or someone else answer you.
    Last edited by [FE].Zatak; 28th May 2011 at 11:35 PM.

thanks sir,
    it was really a good reply.another doubt that i have is that bits pilani civil close at a lower or rather equal cut-off than chemical which is not the general case in most of the other colleges.is it that the clg has a weaker civil deptt..or smthing like that.
    Ha ha! No that's not the case. Our Pilani campus has a pretty good civil department. Now coming to your question, that why Civil & Chemical close at similar score, the only reason that comes to my mind is that students prefer to take up any branch in the Pilani campus since it is one of India's BEST ENGG. COLLEGE!

For some students the BITS Pilani brand is more than sufficient for considering admission than the trade of their choice!

Quote Originally Posted by guglip View Post
    Hi,I scored 275 marks in BITS 2011 ,do I stand a chance anywhere at any of the bits campus.
    [MENTION=12757]guglip[/MENTION]- Dude you are a borderline case!

You have a really really outside chance of getting BE Chemical in Goa or HYD.

Other than BE courses you have a good chance of getting a seat for MSc. (Integrated) courses in Goa & Hyd campuses..

BUT Are you interested in MSc. courses??

hey vishal sir can you provide me your email id i have many-many many more doubts.

hey vishal sir can you provide me your email id i have many-many many more doubts.
    [MENTION=12775]pns[/MENTION] - Dude you can post all your doubts here itself..I will be more than glad to answer. That way all the aspirants with similar queries will benefit..and it will also save me some time!!

Thanks vishal,I am not so clear about the MSc.Is it useful?kindly let me know the dual degree thing. thanx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast