Close
Login to Your Account
Faadooengineers

Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Nuclear Engineering

  1. #1

    Nuclear Engineering

    Can anyone please suggest colleges to persue b.tech in nuclear engg.. and also for m.tech....
    the admission procedure...





  2. #2

    Re: Nuclear Engineering

    Quote Originally Posted by proten View Post
    Can anyone please suggest colleges to persue b.tech in nuclear engg.. and also for m.tech....
    the admission procedure...
    I know of one SRM university in Chennai that offers B.Tech in Nuclear Engg.....for MTech...there is IIT Madras & Kanpur...also there is homi bhabha institute in mumbai....

  3. #3
    Junior FaaDoO Engineer samah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    43
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Nuclear Engineering

    Yup, the Nuclear Engg & Tech deptt in IIT Kanpur is one of the best in the entire world! I know of some more colleges that conduct this course--

    Manipal Univ, SASTRA univ. & Andhra Univ also conducts Bsc programmes in Nuclear Physics..just in case you are interested..!

    BTW, how hv you done in JEE & AIEEE??

  4. #4

    Re: Nuclear Engineering

    Quote Originally Posted by samah View Post
    Yup, the Nuclear Engg & Tech deptt in IIT Kanpur is one of the best in the entire world! I know of some more colleges that conduct this course--

    Manipal Univ, SASTRA univ. & Andhra Univ also conducts Bsc programmes in Nuclear Physics..just in case you are interested..!

    BTW, how hv you done in JEE & AIEEE??
    thanks samah, for both the posts..
    jee not qualified, aieee expecting 200 marks..
    can u give me links for those BSC courses..??

  5. #5

    Re: Nuclear Engineering

    Hi Samah,

    I too need to know more about nuclear engg....sounds cool.....

    [MENTION=13014]proten[/MENTION]: what do u think is the scope of nuclear engg.....? what attracted u to it??

  6. #6

    Re: Nuclear Engineering

    Quote Originally Posted by ayuboy View Post
    Hi Samah,

    I too need to know more about nuclear engg....sounds cool.....

    [MENTION=13014]proten[/MENTION]: what do u think is the scope of nuclear engg.....? what attracted u to it??
    firstly i like modern physics, i want to do sumthing in the field of power sector..
    i wanted to work in ships.. but can't do marine for some reasons.. so i can get a chance to work in ships run by nuclear energy..
    scope- i am not sure about india, but its very much there in foreign countries like US....
    colleges for m.tech= jadavpur university, homi bhaba, sastra, iit kanpur..

  7. #7

    Re: Nuclear Engineering

    Quote Originally Posted by proten View Post
    firstly i like modern physics, i want to do sumthing in the field of power sector..
    i wanted to work in ships.. but can't do marine for some reasons.. so i can get a chance to work in ships run by nuclear energy..
    scope- i am not sure about india, but its very much there in foreign countries like US....
    colleges for m.tech= jadavpur university, homi bhaba, sastra, iit kanpur..

    If there is not much scope in India, then why are u planning to do Mtech in India?? Do the aforementioned colleges place the student in foreign countries? Pl reply...

  8. #8

    Re: Nuclear Engineering

    Quote Originally Posted by ayuboy View Post
    If there is not much scope in India, then why are u planning to do Mtech in India?? Do the aforementioned colleges place the student in foreign countries? Pl reply...
    got this from a site
    Scope of Nuclear Physics in India

    Jobs in nuclear physics exist in research and educational institutes in India. Scholars are appointed as scientists, specialists, and fellowship scholars in research institutions. ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) and DRDO (Defense Research and Development Organization) are major recruiters of nuclear scholars and scientists.

    Scope of Nuclear Physics Abroad

    Scholars completing Nuclear physics courses in India are offered scope of research in leading institutes across the world. Space and astronomy research laboratories also offer lucrative opportunities to nuclear physicists.

    india has large thorium reserve.. germany has decided to quit nuclear plants by 2022..
    Last edited by proten; 1st June 2011 at 01:51 AM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Share anywhere and get download.

50%