Close
Login to Your Account
Faadooengineers

Thread: Engineering Seminar/ Paper Presentation: Broadband Powelrine Communication

Popular topic for study

Base/Gate drive circuit

The base and gate drive circuit gives the terminal characteristics of the power devices so that the device and be prevented from faults. Read this topic
    FaaDoO-Administrator FaaDoO-Engineer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Branch: : Computer Science Engineering

City : Noida

Pdf 32 Engineering Seminar/ Paper Presentation: Broadband Powelrine Communication

Introduction--

Broadband Powerline communications are sets of equipment, software and management services that when overlaid on the electric grid provides users with communication means over existing “power lines”. The new technology operates in the 1-30 MHz and can deliver data rates up to 200Mbps.

The rationale behind providing high bit-rate data services exploiting the power grid resides in the vast infrastructure in place for power distribution, and the penetration of the service could be much higher than any other wire line alternative.

In spite of the renewed interest in Power line communications, this technology still faces several technical challenges and regulatory issues: the power line channel is extremely difficult to model; it is a very noisy transmission medium; Power line cables in the 240V secondary distribution systems are often unshielded, thus becoming both sources and targets of electromagnetic interference (EMI); transformers can introduce severe distortion in the absence of bypass couplers.

Attached Files for Direct Download
      File Name:
      File Size:
      666.6 KB
      Total Downloads:
    * Click on the 'file icon' or 'file name' to start downloading

Junior FaaDoO Engineer
    Blog Entries

City : Rajkot

Re: Engineering Seminar/ Paper Presentation: Broadband Powelrine Communication

really an interesting one.

Fuchcha FaaDoO Engineer

City : Kollam

Good topic man....

Fuchcha FaaDoO Engineer

Branch: : Electrical Engineering

City : Jodhpur

very informable topic
    \

Fuchcha FaaDoO Engineer

Branch: : Aeronautical Engineering

Hi
    FaaDoO-Engineer...

I have been trying to model this project in simulink for some weeks.
    I read ur article on Scrib and decided this will be my final year project...
    I intended to use different modulation schemes for comparative studies on the power line channel.
    I have tried and modelled this particular publication but it seems that there is an issue in my Power Line Channel
    My signal dimension is increasing and when i added my impulsive noise it made my simulation to stop.
    Im clueless... i might have mismatched some parameters.
    Im running out of time... i have to complete this project in the coming days... i will be very grateful if you could check my .mdl
    for the BPL model... my mail add is
    Or you might send me its simulink documentation or the simulink model for cross checking.

Thanks man.
    I will be waiting for you response.

Fuchcha FaaDoO Engineer

It seems that i have messed up my .mdl for this project.
    Any advice?
    Tips?
    documentation of simulink for the project?
    or the .mdl of the project itself?

I badly need whatever information you can provide.... mainly on the design of the power line channel.

Thanks Man

Fuchcha FaaDoO Engineer

this is a good one and interesting.

---------- Post added at 08:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 AM ----------

its really good

Fuchcha FaaDoO Engineer

good& intresting

Fuchcha FaaDoO Engineer sreelakshmy b's Avatar

Branch: : Electrical Engineering

City : Kottayam

nice topic ...