Introduction: Once the proper motor is selected, understanding the many various control devices available and their uses and limitations becomes an important part related to reliable operation and protection of the motor and the personnel using the motor.
Motor Control Topics
There are four major motor control topics or categories to consider. Each of these has several
subcategories and sometimes the subcategories overlap to some extent. Certain pieces of motor control equipment can accomplish multiple functions from each of the topics or categories.
The four categories include:
1) Starting the Motor
Across the Line Starting
Reduced Voltage Starting
2) Motor Protection
Other Protection (voltage, phase, etc)
3) Stopping the Motor
4) Motor Operational Control
An understanding of each of these areas is necessary to effectively apply motor control
principles and equipment to effectively operate and protect a motor.
- The Fundamentals of AC Electric Induction motor design and Application pdf
- THE FUNDAMENTALS OF AC ELECTRIC INDUCTION MOTOR DESIGN AND APPLICATION by Edward J. Thornton and J. Kirk Armintor
- Self Powered Electric Motor Generator
- fundamental of electric motor and drives
- A Practical Training Seminar on " Diesel Locomotive Shed- Electric Traction Motor" ppt free download