Gender: : Male
City : Vishakhapatnam
Abstract—In this paper, a new method for the estimation of seabed elevation maps from side-scan sonar images is presented. The side-scan image formation process is represented by a Lambertian diffuse model, which is then inverted by a multiresolution optimization procedure inspired by expectation–maximization to account for the characteristics of the imaged seafloor region. On convergence of the model, approximations for seabed reflectivity, side-scan beam pattern, and seabed altitude are obtained. The performance of the system is evaluated against a real structure of known dimensions. Reconstruction results for images acquired by different sonar sensors are presented. Applications to augmented reality for the simulation of targets in sonar imagery are also discussed.
- Glossary of Terms used in Programmable Controller-based Systems From Industrial Text and Video Co. the leader in Electrical, Motor Control and PLCs Video Training Programs pdf
- MPEG Compression Standards for Digital Television,satellite communication,digital image compression,free pdf download
- Compression in columns ebook Download pdf
- MPEG Video Compression PPT PDF Seminar Report & Paper Presentation
- High compression of faces in video sequences for multimedia applications: Electronics paper presentation