The disproportionation reaction of aldehydes without α-hydrogens in presence of a strong base to furnish an alcohol and a carboxylic acid is called Cannizzaro reaction. One molecule of aldehyde is reduced to the communicating alcohol, while another a winch is oxidized to the carboxylic acid.
- The reaction rate and the rate constant in engineering chemistry PDF free download
- Diels-Alder Reaction in engineering chemistry pdf free download
- Aldol Addition & Condensation Reaction in engineering chemistry pdf free download
- Determination of the order of a reaction in engineering chemistry free download pdf
- Mathematical Formulation of First Order Reaction in engineering chemistry free pdf download