When rocks are subjected to elevated temperatures and pressures, for example due to deep burial in orogenic (mountain building) zones when two continents collide, they may become metamorphosed (metamorphism is from the Greek, to change in form).Metamorphic rocks have been modified by heat, pressure and chemical process usually while buried deep below Earth's surface.
- Engineering Geological Maps in engineering geology download pdf
- Phonolite, Ultramafic Rocks and Pyroxenite in engineering geology pdf download
- Difference Between Igneous, Sedimentary and Metamorphic Rocks in environmental engineering pdf download
- Classification of Rocks in environmental engineering free pdf download
- GARNET AND MISCELLANEOUS ROCKS in environmental engineering free download