In the single lock-manager approach, the system maintains a single lock manager that resides in a single chosen site—say Si. All lock and unlock requests are made at site Si. When a transaction needs to lock a data item, it sends a lock request to Si. The lock manager determines whether the lock can be granted immediately.
- Distributed Databases Complete Engineering Course Material Ebooks and Presentations
- Heterogeneous Distributed Databases in database management system free notes
- Need for Concurrency Control in database management system free notes
- Types of Databases and Database Applications free pdf download
- Need material regarding distributed databases and advanced operating system