Vel's Institute of Science, Technology & Advanced Studies (VISTAS) Chennai
Hello dear friends i am ramesh and i am here to give you useful information about VISTAS university and i will also clear your all queries about this university.
About University :
VAELíS EDUCATIONAL TRUST was established in 1992 with the aim of transforming an individual into a complete man with character and ability committed to national service and development. The trust was founded by Dr. Ishari K Ganesh, M.Com, MBA, B.L, Ph.D, a visionary and an eminent educationist, in fond memory of his father Shri.Isari Velan, a former minister in the popular Govt. of Dr. MGR. Vaelís Educational Trust has always served to take education to the thresholds of first generation learners and weaker sections of the society.
The University status was conferred to Vel's Group of Institutions, by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India. As a logical consequence of this, the founder Chairman Dr.Ishari K.Ganesh has become the President/Chancellor and now he leads the implementation of strategic plan that aims to shape the institute's future growth. He visualizes an University which will be globally more competitive and internationally recognized institution.
The University is governed by Governing Board or otherwise known as Board of Management and this is the highest statutory body of this University. The members of this Board is drawn from various agencies. The Board has members representing University Grants Commission, Govt. of India, Industry, Eminent persons out side Academia, Senior Academic persons and senior officials of the University. The President/Chancellor is the Chairman of the Board and the board meets periodically to frame policies and programmes for the growth and improvement of VISTAS.
It is a pleasure to notice that VISTAS presents a cosmopolitan culture. Students from a wide variety of social, cultural and geographical backgrounds live and study together at VISTAS. The students are shaped and fine tuned as per the requirements of global industries. The environment-friendly Green campus is equipped with all facilities, where every need of both student and faculty have been provided for.
To promote a student-friendly learning environment, the University is following the semester pattern and choice based credit system for all its academic programme both at the under-graduate and post graduate levels. The system is expected to promote multipoint entry and flexibility to suit the needs of individual learners. The programmes offered are approved by AICTE and other statutory bodies such as Pharmacy Council of India, Indian Association of Physiotherapists and Director General of Shipping.
The pride of VISTAS is its' Computing Centre, sophisticated labs, well-furnished class rooms along with Wi-Fi internet facilities. The strength of the University can be attributed to the commitment and determination of the President/Chancellor and his team of distinguished educators and dedicated students.
VISTAS Year of Establishment : 1992
Admission Procedure :
Selection of candidates will be based on the performance of candidates in the VEE 2010, and their marks in the qualifying examination.
A pass in 10 + 2 or its equivalent with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics (PCM). Candidates appearing for their Board Examination during March/April 2011 are also eligible to apply.
VISTAS Counselling :
The eligible candidates, chosen on the basis of rank, would be called for counseling for final admission. The physical presence of the candidate during the counseling is mandatory.
VISTAS Fee Structure :
Branch Fee Per Annum B.E Electrical and Electronics INR 1,05,000 B.E Computer Science Engineering INR 1,05,000 B.E Electronics and communication Engineering INR 1,20,000 B.E Mechanical Engineering INR 1,30,000 B.E Civil Engineering INR 1,20,000 B.E Robotics INR 1,02,500 B.E Energy INR 1,02,500 B.E Automobile Enginee
VISTAS Placement :
The placemat and career development of the university provides services to students such as aptitude and soft skills training, mock interview, group discussion, seminars, workshops and conference. The placement cell has tie-ups with various industries by providing project training and internships.
Top Recruiters Ė
3. HDFC Bank
VISTAS Facilities :
VELS Library building spans over an area of 20, 000 sq. ft. It has a seating capacity of 400 persons and follows open access system with State-of-the art facilities. Library houses a collection of 62,423 Books and 11,472 Back Volumes. It subscribes to more than 339 Periodicals ( National & International), 8100 + E-Journals, 3400 E-Books, 1718 Dissertations, 3200 CDs, DVDs and Audio Ė Visual resources. Our Vision is to provide world-class knowledge resources that not only cater to the curricular requirements but also provide Intellectual enquiry and Research. We have separate library for Maritime Studies at Thalambur having built-up area of 3000 sq.ft and more than 5000 books.
The transactions of the library are fully automated and automation covers the entire gamut of library activities such as Acquisition, Circulation with provision for renewal, reservation, serial control, OPAC ( Online Public Access Catalogue), and generating various types of Reports and Statistics.
Besides the Central Library, each School has its own Library with technical books and journals.
The Library has:
1. Stack Area I: It contains more than 53,833 books on Arts, Science & Technology, Engineering, Paramedical, Encyclopedias, Dictionaries, Directories, Thesaurus, Year Books, Glossaries, Maps and Atlases..
2. Stack Area II: It contains more than 1550 Books for students to prepare the various Competitive Examinations and Student Project Reports.
3. Reference Section: Has over 7040 books in various disciplines.
4. Periodical Section: Has over 11,472 Back Volumes of Scientific and Technical periodicals. It also contains 339 Periodicals from various Professional Societies. Our Leading Recruiters.
5. Digital Library: It facilitates access to Electronic Information Services to ensure that the information needs of our Students, Faculty and Staff are met. We provide everything from traditional paper based books and journals to e-books and e-journals including pod casts & web casts. It houses Image Scanner, Laser Printer and 50 Computers with Internet Connection. Each system connected with Online Printer.
6. Audio - Video Conference Hall: It houses LCD and Pentium Systems with Internet. It will be used for the presentation of audio visuals available in the library or in selective cases brought from the other libraries also.
7. Reprographic Section: It provides Cannon IR 3225 copier machine (Xerox) facilities are available for member to copy the required materials, at a nominal cost for all working days.
There are separate hostels for men and women within the campus itself. The management fixes the room rent and establishment charges reasonably. Laundry facility is also available to the students on chargeable basis. A fully qualified Medical Attendant is available at the campus. Medical and hospital facilities are available at Pallavaram and the cost of the same would have to be met by the students. Mess and Canteen facility is available for the inmates at reasonable rates.
Sports & Games: The University have vast and well laid out tracks. Excellent facilities are offered for all the indoor and outdoor games. The students get excellent training by a qualified Physical Director and his team of assistants. The students are encouraged to participate in various inter collegiate competitions to exhibit their talents and win medals and trophies. Vel's Sports Academy is functioning to promote sports and games.
VISTAS Address : VELS UNIVERSITY,Velan Nagar,P.V. Vaithiyalingam Road,Pallavaram,Chennai - 600 117,Tamil Nadu, IndiaSimilar Threads:
- Hindustan Institute of Engineering Technology Chennai btech admission 2015, cutoff, fee, placements, hostel, campus facilities
- Durgapur Institute of Advanced Technology and Management btech 2013, cutoff, fee, placements, hostel,campus facilities
- Vel Tech Rangrajan Dr. Sagunthala R&D Institute of Science & Technology(VELTECH),btech admission 2013, cutoff, fee, placements, hostel,campus facilities
- St. Peter Institute of Higher Education and Research chennai,btech admission 2013, cutoff, fee, placements, hostel,campus facilities
- Hindustan Institute of Engineering Technology Chennai btech admission 2013, cutoff, fee, placements, hostel,campus facilities