Government College of Engineering Salem

Hello Friends i am priyanka and i am 4th year student of
Government College of Engineering so i am here to give you information about this college and i will also clear your all queries about this college.

About College :

The Government College of Engineering, Salem in Salem, Tamil Nadu, India, is an engineering education center in the state of Tamil Nadu. It is one of the three institutions offering Metallurgical Engineering as a full time course in Tamil Nadu.

GCE-Salem was started during the Third Plan period in 1966 and is located on a beautiful site surrounded by hills. Its area is 1.62 square kilometres (400 acres). This is the third government engineering institution formed in Tamil Nadu. The first batch of students was selected for 1966 for courses in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Engineering. In 1973 the metallurgical engineering branch was started. The Electronics Engineering and Communication Engineering branch was introduced in 1985. Computer science and engineering was started in 2001. All the undergraduate courses except Computer Science and Engineering are accredited by NBA.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gceentrance.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	31978

Year of Establishment : 1996

GCE Affiliation : University of Madras

GCE Mode of Admission : TNEA and JEE Mains.

GCE Cut off in TNEA :

Branch Cut off Marks in TNEA
Civil Engineering 193
Computer Science Engineering 196
Electronics and Communication Engineering 197
Electrical And Electronics Engineering 194
Mechanical Engineering 195
Metallurgical Engineering 192

GCE Fee Structure : INR 15820 per Annum.

GCE Facilities :

• Hostel
  • Library
  • Planetarium
  • Co-Operative Stores
  • Banking
  • Canteen
  • Post Office

GCE Placements :

Year Percentage of Students Placed
2008 Batch 83
2009 Batch 80
2010 Batch 82
2011 Batch 85
2012 Batch 86
2013 Batch 50 *

GCE Address : Government College of Engineering, Salem,NH 7 Bangalore Highway,Karuppur,Omalur,Salem,Pin Code-636 011,Salem