Topics covered in the attached notes and presentations are:
UNIT I SIGNALS AND SYSTEMS
Basic elements of digital signal Processing –Concept of frequency in continuous time and discrete time signals –Sampling theorem –Discrete time signals. Discrete time systems –Analysis of Linear time invariant systems –Z transform –Convolution and correlation.
UNIT II FAST FOURIER TRANSFORMS
Introduction to DFT – Efficient computation of DFT Properties of DFT – FFT algorithms – Radix-2 and Radix-4 FFT algorithms – Decimation in Time – Decimation in Frequency algorithms – Use of FFT algorithms in Linear Filtering and correlation.
UNIT III IIR FILTER DESIGN
Structure of IIR – System Design of Discrete time IIR filter from continuous time filter – IIR filter design by Impulse Invariance. Bilinear transformation – Approximation derivatives – Design of IIR filter in the Frequency domain.
UNIT IV FIR FILTER DESIGN
Symmetric & Antisymteric FIR filters – Linear phase filter – Windowing technique – Rectangular, Kaiser windows – Frequency sampling techniques – Structure for FIR systems.
UNIT V FINITE WORD LENGTH EFFECTS
Quantization noise – derivation for quantization noise power – Fixed point and binary floating point number representation – comparison – over flow error – truncation error – co-efficient quantization error - limit cycle oscillation – signal scaling – analytical model of sample and hold operations – Application of DSP – Model of Speech Wave Form – Vocoder.
- Digital Image Processing Ebook, notes and presentations covering full semester syllabus
- VLSI Ebooks, presentations and lecture notes covering full semester syllabus
- SIGNAL AND SYSTEMS Ebooks, presentations and lecture notes covering full semester syllabus
- UML Ebooks, presentations and lecture notes covering full semester syllabus
- SQL Ebooks, presentations and lecture notes covering full semester syllabus