Topics covered in the attachments are:
UNIT I DIGITAL IMAGE FUNDAMENTALS AND TRANSFORMS: Elements of visual perception Image sampling and quantization Basic relationship between pixels Basic geometric transformations-Introduction to Fourier Transform and DFT Properties of 2D Fourier Transform FFT Separable Image Transforms -Walsh Hadamard Discrete Cosine Transform, Haar, Slant Karhunen Loeve transforms.
UNIT II IMAGE ENHANCEMENT TECHNIQUES: Spatial Domain methods: Basic grey level transformation Histogram equalization Image subtraction Image averaging Spatial filtering: Smoothing, sharpening filters Laplacian filters Frequency domain filters : Smoothing Sharpening filters Homomorphic filtering.
UNIT III IMAGE RESTORATION: Model of Image Degradation/restoration process Noise models Inverse filtering -Least mean square filtering Constrained least mean square filtering Blind image restoration Pseudo inverse Singular value decomposition.
UNIT IV IMAGE COMPRESSION: Lossless compression: Variable length coding LZW coding Bit plane coding- predictive coding-DPCM.
Lossy Compression: Transform coding Wavelet coding Basics of Image compression standards: JPEG, MPEG,Basics of Vector quantization.
UNIT V IMAGE SEGMENTATION AND REPRESENTATION: Edge detection Thresholding - Region Based segmentation Boundary representation: chair codes- Polygonal approximation Boundary segments boundary descriptors: Simple descriptors-Fourier descriptors - Regional descriptors Simple descriptors- Texture
- Digital Communication Ebook, notes and presentations covering full semester syllabus
- Digital Design Through Verilog Ebook, notes and presentations covering full semester syllabus
- Digital Logic Design Ebook, notes and presentations covering full semester syllabus
- Electronics Digital Image Processing (DIP) Ebook Covering Whole Syllabus PDF Download
- Digital Signal Processing Ebooks, Notes and presentations covering full semester syllabus