Close
Login to Your Account
Faadooengineers

Thread: Need to know about computer languages...

Doc 32 Need to know about computer languages...

please give me idea in computer languages and also tell me that which one is better...

Re: Need to know about computer languages...

Quote Originally Posted by rishabh bakshi View Post
    please give me idea in computer languages and also tell me that which one is better...
    Hi [MENTION=25253]rishabh bakshi[/MENTION]...

The term computer language includes a wide variety of languages used to communicate with computers. It is broader than the more commonly-used term programming language. Programming languages are a subset of computer languages. For example, HTML is a markup language and a computer language, but it is not traditionally considered a programming language. Machine code is a computer language. It can technically be used for programming, and has been (e.g. the original bootstrapper for Altair BASIC), though most would not consider it a programming language.

Computer languages can be divided into two groups: high-level languages and low-level languages. High-level languages are designed to be easier to use, more abstract, and more portable than low-level languages. Syntactically correct programs in some languages are then compiled to low-level language and executed by the computer. Most modern software is written in a high-level language, compiled into object code, and then translated into machine instructions.

Computer languages could also be grouped based on other criteria. Another distinction could be made between human-readable and non-human-readable languages. Human-readable languages are designed to be used directly by humans to communicate with the computer. Non-human-readable languages, though they can often be partially understandable, are designed to be more compact and easily processed, sacrificing readability to meet these ends.
    Source(s): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Programming_language