Introduction: Electricity theft is at the center of focus all over the world but electricity theft in India has a significant effect on the Indian economy, as this figure is considerably high. The losses, experts say, are currently 29 % of the total generation, which equals a shocking Rs 45,000 crore in the fiscal year 2009-10.
According to experts, if not for these losses over a decade now, India could have built two mega power plants of around 4,000 MW capacity every year. Power loss in 2001-02 was 32.86% and increased to 34.78% in 2003-04 . In 2008-09 , it stood at 28.44% but currently the figure is again 29%. It is as high as 51% in Jharkhand, 45% in Madhya Pradesh and 40% in Bihar.
Paper Abstract: Power line communication (PLC) presents an interesting and economical solution for Automatic Meter Reading (AMR). If an AMR system via PLC is set in a power delivery system, a detection system for illegal electricity usage may be easily added in the existing PLC network. In the detection system, the second digitally energy meter chip is used and the value of energy is stored. The recorded energy is compared with the value at the main kilo Watt-hour meter. In the case of the difference between two recorded energy data, an error signal is generated and transmitted via PLC network.
The detector and control system is proposed. The architecture of the system and their critical components are given. The measurement results are given.
Please find the PPT & Paper presentation PDF attached...Similar Threads:
- Engineering Minor Project: Modeling of Indoor power line for Substation monitoring using Broadband over power line Communications
- Nuclear Battery Technology - Portable Power - Paper Presentation
- Paper Presentation on Tidal Power- The future of Power Generation
- PIC Microcontrollers and a PETRI-NET based approach for Intelligent Monitoring of Robotic Systems: Electronics Paper Presentation
- Paper Presentation: Spins: security protocol in wireless sensor networks