Basics of Circuit Breakers PDF Download - Siemens Step Course
Welcome to another course in the STEP series, Siemens Technical Education Program, designed to prepare our distributors to sell Siemens Energy & Automation products more effectively. This course covers Basics of Load Centers and related products.
Upon completion of Basics of Load Centers you should be able to:
• Explain the role of a load center in residential power distribution
• Distinguish between the terms panelboard and load center
• Explain the need for circuit protection
• Identify various components of a Siemens load center
• Distinguish between a main breaker and main lug only load center
• Identify various power supply systems used in residential applications
• Explain the use of load centers used as service-entrance equipment
• Describe the proper grounding techniques of service entrance and downstream panelboards
• Describe the proper use of GFCI and AFCI circuit breakers in a load center
• Describe the proper use of the circuit breaker surge arrester in a load center
• Identify various ratings of Siemens load centers
Please find the attached file along with the notes.