Welcome to another course in the STEP series, Siemens Technical Education Program, designed to prepare our distributors to sell Siemens Energy & Automation products more effectively. This course covers Basics of Surge Protection. Although some of the products included in this course are used in a variety of commercial applications, the emphasis of this course will be on surge products used in residential and light commercial applications.
Upon completion of Basics of Surge Protection, you should be able to:
• Describe the damaging effects of lightning strikes and other electrical surges
• Explain the need for surge protection
• Explain the difference between point-of-use and point-of-entry surge protectors
• Explain the need for whole-house surge protection and how to achieve it
• Identify and describe each of the various surge protection products in the Siemens residential product line
Please find the attached file along with the notes.