|Marks distribution is common for CS, EE, ECE, ME, CS-IT, CH GATE 2015 Exam papers:
Total Number of Questions- 65 (All are objective type only)
Total Marks- 100.
General Aptitude (GA) - 10 questions - 15 Marks
Engineering Mathematics - 15 Marks
Technical Questions (subject of the paper) - 70 Marks
GATE 2015 paper patterns would contain two different type of questions:
(1) Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ): Objective questions carrying 1 or 2 marks, where each question will have a choice of four answers, out of which the candidate has to mark the correct answer(s), in all papers and sections.
(2) Numerical Answer Questions: Each question of 1 or 2 marks in all papers and sections. For these questions the answer is a real number, to be entered by the candidate using the virtual keypad. No choices will be shown for this type of questions.
The questions in a paper may be designed to test the following abilities:
(1) Recall: These are based on facts, principles, formulae or laws of the discipline of the paper. The candidate is expected to be able to obtain the answer either from his/her memory of the subject or at most from a one-line computation.
(2) Comprehension: These questions will test the candidate's understanding of the basics of his/her field, by requiring him/her to draw simple conclusions from fundamental ideas.
(3) Application: In these questions, the candidate is expected to apply his/her knowledge either through computation or by logical reasoning.
(4) Analysis and synthesis: In these questions, the candidate is presented with data, diagrams, images etc. that require analysis before a question can be answered. A synthesis question might require the candidate to compare two or more pieces of information.
Marking scheme of GATE 2015 Exam question paper will be as follow:
Examination Mode: There will be examinations of all 22 papers will be conducted by an ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT).
- For 1-mark multiple-choice questions: deduction of 1/3 marks for a wrong answer
- For 2-marks multiple-choice questions: 2/3 marks will be deducted for a wrong answer.
- For Numerical answer type questions: No Negative Marking.
- No marks for unattempted questions.
- Sectional cut-off (Technical/Non-Technical like Engineering mathematics & General Aptitude) are not applied in GATE exam.