Mechanical Presentation on CAD / CAM Principles and Application of Geometric Modeling
Understand the various requirements for the information that is
generated during the geometric modeling stage.
• Study various types of geometric models possible and their
• Develop various methodologies used for geometric construction
such as sweep, surface models, solid models, etc.
• Recognize the various types of surfaces and their application as
used in geometric modelling
• Appreciate the concept of parametric modeling which is the
current mainstay of most of the 3D modeling systems
• Develop the various mathematical representations of the curves
used in the geometric construction
• Discuss the various CAD system requirements that need to be
considered while selecting a system for a given application
• Understand the concept of rapid prototyping and the various
methods available for the purpose.