Applied chemistry Ebook - Notes - Tutorial

Here is the full syllabus which the attached ebooks would cover

Unit I
Organic Chemistry
Organic reactions of Industrial Significance.
(i)Alcohols, phenols & ethers : Reactions of alcohols with alkaline earth metals , Iodoform reaction, Oxidation, conversion of alcohols into Mesylates &Tosylates ;Crown ethers & epoxides ; Reimer-Tiemann reaction , Kolbes-Schimidt reaction mechanisms (ii) Aldehydes & Ketones : Oxidation & reduction , Perkin reaction ,Claison-Schmidt reaction, Benzoin condensation, Knovenagel reaction, reformatsky reaction,Wittig reaction. (iii)carboxylic acids and their derivatives : Hell-Volhartd Zelinsky reaction ,Hoffmann bromide reaction, Curtius and Lorsen Reaction (iv) Nitrocompounds: Reduction of nitrobenzene under different conditions (v) Amines : Reactions with nitrous acids , Diazotization and reactions of arenedizonium salts

Unit II
(i) Concept of aromaticity in benzoid and non-benzoid compounds, aromatic and non-aromatic compounds (ii)Organomettalic compounds : Applications of Grignard Reagent and Lithium aluminum hydride (iii) Stereochemistry : Conformational analysis : various terms , conformational analysis of cyclohexane and 1,2 –disubstituted cyclohexane . Stereoisomerism of cyclic compounds (cyclohexane), chiral drugs (ibuprofen),the relative and absolute configuration ,stereoselective and stereospecific reactions .
Unit III
Surface Chemistry
(i) Catalysis : Acid base catalyzed reaction, enzyme catalyzed reaction and heterogeneous catalyzed reaction (ii) Surface tension determination and Applications (iii) Adsorption Isotherms- Freundlich and Langmuir (iv) Colloids: General methods of preparation and properties, hydrophilic and hydrophobic sols, Electrical Properties of colloids (v) Colligative Properties: Lowering of Vapor Pressure, Elevation in boiling point, lowering in melting point, Osmotic Pressure and their relation with molecular weight
Unit IV:
Analytical Chemistry
Instrumental methods of chemical analysis: A brief introduction and applications of Conductometry , Potentiometer, GLC, HPLC , mass spectroscopy and atomic absorption Spectroscopy.

Unit V:
Natural Organic Molecules
Biomolecules: Definition, types of biomolecules-nucleosides & nucleotides (DNA and RNA), saccharides (glucose, fructose, maltose and cellulose), lignin, lipids and amino acids (protein structure of apoenzymes, isoenzymes and vitamins) and their industrial applications.

Please see the attached ebooks along with the syllabus.